Dexter 11/20/2011 Sins of Omission

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, Nov 22, 2011.

1. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Still think Travis has a split personality that the Professor only lives in his head. That Travis probably killed him because he would not be part of his Doomsday plan he believes so much in he thinks Gellar came up with and is now carrying out. Travis' sister was always skittish around him and no one has seen or talked to Gellar at all.

Second thought Deb is too whiny this season, she needs to get laid more she is much easier to deal with when she is getting some.

2. tgrim1

tgrim1 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Iowa
    I think it is obvious now that Gellar is imaginary the way they are setting it up to be the "BIG" end of season reveal. I feel like I spoiled myself for figuring it out!

3. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    How did Travis get chained to the grate?

4. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    He probably chained himself. With the key in his pocket. I think definitely the "big reveal" will be Gellar is long dead but I also think most everyone has it figured out already. Maybe there will be more to it. I thought maybe his sister was somehow involved. I've enjoyed this season though quite a bit anyway.

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    The big reveal will be that Travis only exists in Geller's head.

Dexter can see him because of the dark passenger, but everyone else sees Geller.

phox

. . .of course I'm kidding.

6. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Travis grabbed a chain, wound it around the grate and locked himself to it. Wouldn't you say?

I think this episode had the strongest evidence yet that Gellar is in Travis's mind. It is hard to believe that Gellar, an old man, could have gotten away from that upper floor of the old church without Dexter seeing or hearing him.

7. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yup, and he randomly "shows up" atTravis' sisters house with no one else seeing him...

I'm not sure they were planning the "Gellar isn't real" as a "big reveal" because they've put out far too many clues. I think they want to audience to figure it out. It wouldn't surprise me if there is another twist of some kind that we don't see coming.

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I hope so because if not this will be the worst season of Dexter.

9. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Gellar also doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would have run away when Dexter showed up.

Maybe most viewers don't analyze the show like we do here and will be shocked that Gellar isn't real. But it just seems to obvious to me. And I agree, if that's the big ending to this season I'll be disappointed as well.

10. kar74

kar74 hi.

Feb 13, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I have been on again and off again in believing Gellar is imaginary. This week it's back on. If Gellar really hit Travis on the head with a shovel at his sister's place of work, wouldn't he have had a large bruise on his forehead by the time he was chained up? Or did he, and I just didn't catch it?

11. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    The reveal was this week when Gellar disappeared from the upper floor without a noise. It is obvious at this point.

12. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    A friend of mine who watches Dexter was talking about this episode and I asked if she thought Gellar was real or just imaginary. The idea had never occurred to her. I worry that I spoiled the big surprise now, but in my very small sample group of 1, the general public hasn't yet caught on.

13. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I did not see any bruise. But there is the standard TV trope of hitting someone in the head and knocking them out, then they wake up a little later with nothing but a headache. Head injuries rarely go that way in real life.

By the way, Travis could have chained himself up and then smashed his own head into something, so I don't think that a visible head injury proves much.

Not to imply that Gellar is real. I think he is in Travis's head, after seeing him disappear from the upper floor of the old church without Dexter seeing or hearing him.

14. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I was thinking the same thing, but I thought Travis was "hit" in the face and would have to have a bloody or broken nose. But I was looking for anything, and I thought I saw some blood along his hairline on the right side.

What if the twist is that Gellar exists BOTH in Travis's head as a split personality, and also is alive hiding out somewhere, fleeing after Travis went nuts as a student?

15. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    Do you guys think we'll see his other former student (the hot chick) enter the storyline again or was that it for her participation? Just to get a little info and throw Quinn under the bus?

16. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Who is LaGuerta covering for with that call girl overdose?

LaGuerta' boss?

17. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Quinn?

18. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    It crossed my mind when I remembered he showed up late to work that morning. Can Quinn afford a call girl? I got the impression that the dead woman was upscale. Quinn's been trolling strip clubs, bars and dives.

If it was Quinn, then why was LaGuerta so motivated to close the investigation? Are they involved romantically? LaGuerta being blackmailed?

19. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I think the Main Cop guy or something. Usually she would cover for people UP the chain not down it.

20. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    The only storyline that would interest me with LaGuerta is if Dexter would kill her.