Dexter 10/14/2007 (S02E03) "An Inconvenient Lie"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Oct 15, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    That was cool; all with one decision he gets a chance to purge some of his inner demons, get Doakes off his tail and even make his girlfriend regret forcing him into the 12-step program.

I wonder how the attitude in the police station about pursuing the serial killer might change if they discover most of the relatives of the victims they identify are like the last guy we saw talking to Debra...

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    This was my first opportunity to watch the show. I may have to go back and find Season 1 now, and hope Comcast doesn't take my "free" Showtime away soon.

3. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    I definitely recommend going back and watching season one. It will explain a great many things.

Loved how Doakes was immediately willing to accept Dexter as an addict. Does Dexter really exhibit the symptoms of an addict? Sure, his drive to kill is like an addiction but it isn't a physical addiction like heroine or cocaine. It is psychological.

I don't think the fact that all of Dexter's victims asked for what they got changes anything. Especially with the FBI guy. The idea that FBI guy is exploiting Debra's experience with ITK leads me to believe nothing would stop FBI guy from catching the BHB. It's smart on his part but could lead to nasty consequences for Debra.

4. jon01

jon01 Member

Jan 4, 2005
    long...
    last night's ep was great. love watching dexter's face when he's about to kill. he's so psycho its just awesome :) his stalker thinking he has a drug problem too was just genius. great show

- Jon

5. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    And that was Jaime Murray from the BBC series "Hustle" as Dexter's new sponsor. My God, she's gorgeous.

6. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Great show! Do yourself a favor, though, and immediately stop watching season 2 until you get caught up with season 1 (unless you don't mind having season 1 be spoiled for you). This was, I think, the first episode of season 2 where they didn't explicitly state/show last season's "big reveal" in the opening scenes or during the episode itself. It was mentioned in passing during this episode, but unless you knew what to listen for it probably (fortunately) passed you right by. The only thing better than watching season 1 would be watching season 1 without knowing how it turns out.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    She is. Wow!

8. jstack

jstack New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I loved it near the end when Doakes says "You owe me a Michelin, motherf***er."

9. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    Great show, great episode. The revelation about the Dark Passenger was really well done, I found it made the Dexter character even more complex and interesting.

This is easily my favorite show on right now, I look forward to it more than anything.

Gray seriously stop watching it now, go rent the DVDs from season 1!!!

10. philmalik

philmalik New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Good thing Dexter didn't get caught up in a big con and lose all his money.
    Wasn't that Mickey Bricks lurking in the background at the meeting?

Jamie Murray looked FANTASTIC in high def last night. Not all actresses do. **cough cough Cameron Diaz cough cough.

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I've read enough about Dexter to know what the basic scenario is and what the season 1 finale was.

Still, I'd like to watch Season 1. If only Showtime on Demand had those episodes... I'd keep the Comcast DVR another month for that!

Edited to add: I just signed up with Netflix -- which still remembered my membership from 2002 -- for one disk at a time, for $8.99 a month. Dexter: Season 1 are #1 through #4 on the list, followed by Weeds: Season 1.

I don't use iTunes or Unbox because their downloads don't have closed-captioning, which I need.

:)

12. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Dexter episodes are available for download through various sources, listed here, including Amazon Unboxed and iTunes. Looks like it's $1.99 an episode through Unboxed. Well worth it, IMHO.

13. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    It took me awhile to get into it during season one but this has turned out to be one of my favorite shows.

14. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Not really sure what this is a reference to. Details? Spoiler tag as needed.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Mickey "Bricks" Stone was a character on Hustle, a British show about con artists. Jaime Murray (who played Dexter's new sponsor) played Stacie Monroe on Hustle

16. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I never saw Hustle but I know I seen Jaime Murray in some other show. It was another awesome episode.

17. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Sadly, it's not downloadable to a TiVo. :(

18. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm always surprised by who people consider attractive. I guess it is incredibly subjective as I didn't think she was remotely attractive. And as my wife said, she sure does have a lot of teeth.

Another fantastic Dexter episode though. However, I'm surprised at how Doakes so easily accepted that Dexter was an addict. He doesn't seem to exhibit any addictive behaviors. Rita too. She was married to a heroin addict, so she would at least notice that Dexter doesn't have any track marks.

19. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Odd question but anyone know why season 2 is not available on itunes yet?

20. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Doakes is pretty sharp, and relentless, so I was surprised that he let go so easily, too. Then again, maybe he's just pretending to let go, hoping that Dexter's guard will now drop since he thinks Doakes has backed off.