Dexter 10/07/2007 (S02E02) "Waiting to Exhale"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by madscientist, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Oct 8, 2007 #1 of 21
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

Awesome episode. Really, I was afraid they'd drop off in the second season but they're starting just as strong if not stronger. I anticipate a lot of laughing at Dexter going through his 12 step program, that's for sure.

2. Oct 8, 2007 #2 of 21
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    great show, this season is going to be a good one i think :)

3. Oct 8, 2007 #3 of 21
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Great stuff. :up:

4. Oct 8, 2007 #4 of 21
    TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    So how many people has he actually dumped there I wonder? He seems to have quite a lot more than 15 slides.

Dexter is going to have to steal more evidence, shoot up until he's addicted, then check into rehab it seems. Which means inevitably he will try to kill someone while high. Can't wait!

5. Oct 8, 2007 #5 of 21
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly

Advertisements

This show makes serial killing so fun looking. If my poker skillz go south maybe I will give it a try. :)

6. Oct 8, 2007 #6 of 21
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Another great episode. I'm glad Dexter appears to be getting his mojo back: it would have been a little tiresome to have an extended number of "why can't I kill?" episodes.

There was one scene, right near the end of the first episode, where the camera pans over the underwater bags. I didn't freeze-frame and count, but it looked to be dozens. If you look closely you could see that there were many bags, and then a lower shelf (maybe about 50 feet lower or so) with still more bags. If I had to guess, I'd say 30-50 all told.

So when the Special Agent was briefing them on the "at first we thought it was one body - but it is two," was that a reference to a specific episode last season where we saw him dispose of two bodies in one bag? I couldn't recall anything like that, except maybe the husband/wife illegal alien smugglers, but as I recall their bodies were subsequently recovered.

7. Oct 8, 2007 #7 of 21
    LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Rita is wicked hot and all, but the whole dinner table scene where he comes clean on his addiction was confusing. Was she pissed at the thought he might have framed Paul (and contributed greatly to his death), but was all cool with it once he admitted to it and simultaneously admitted to having a problem she could fix?

And, oh yeah, Rita is hot so I forgive her. ;)

8. Oct 8, 2007 #8 of 21
    TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI

I thought the same thing. Maybe they are just taking a long time to put the pieces together, because it seems like they took days to just get to 15 or so.

9. Oct 8, 2007 #9 of 21
    Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    I think the scene with Rita just showed that Rita really likes people with problems...

Loving the season so far, I was really looking forward to see Dexter catch up with Little Chino, it was very satisfying.

10. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    That was basically how I interpretted that scene too. All her reservations went out the window the moment she realized she had a new project.

11. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i took it to mean that he did put 2 in 1 and was impressed that the SA figured that out. not sure if that was part of a prior episode, but could be :)

12. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    15 ppl
    3-4 bags per person
    45-60 bags...

13. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Ah, of course - that makes perfect sense. I had just been assuming one bag per person (or in some cases, two people per bag). I bet you are absolutely right. And when they showed him dumping Little Chino, there were multiple bags. It would also explain why it was taking them time to confirm the number of bodies found - it's not just a matter of counting the bags - it's a matter of (literally) putting the pieces back together. (Even so, they should be able to get a quick approximation by counting heads, I would think).

14. LlamaLarry

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Why would Dex dump the bodies in such shallow waters? I thought I heard either the two initial divers, or a news report, saying they were in ~65 fsw. Is that correct?

15. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The problem with 15 bodies, as I mentioned, is that he seems to have many more than 15 slides, does he not? Maybe someone can pause on that scene and count them :)

16. LlamaLarry

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    I also thought his slide box was more full last season during his inspections vs this one.

17. Mr_Bester

Mr_Bester New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    He may not have had the same dumping ground when he was just a rookie.

18. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    He wasn't dumping in shallow water... he was dumping on a HUGE dropoff with a very great depth.

Apparently during the drop, some floated close to the ledge rather then fall... why he would dump right on the edge of it, rather then well over it... is a mystery.

Didn't he dump everything last season when he thought he was caught ? Including the slides?

19. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    I thought this same thing. Does anyone remember?

20. Mr_Bester

Mr_Bester New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    He was about to dump the slides, then he saw the smiley face and realized the ITK was playing with/testing him.