Destination Truth: entire season 4 spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sieglinde, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA

Advertisements

Anyone still watching this? I think this show is much better edited than live.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I really don't like this guy and his team at all....they are always playing to the camera so much a being WAY too over the top dramatic with everything.

Plus the whole looking for monsters in a lake etc is just WAY to cheesy.

The only ghost show I can handle is Ghost Hunters.

3. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    It IS cheesy, and host Josh Gates' self-deprecating humor simply adds to that. And that's why I love it.

You want over the top...Ghost Adventures is far worse. Zak Bagans overdoes the drama, though lately he's mellowed out some.

I used to like Ghost Hunters but their investigations have gotten quite boring lately. They don't seem to have the drive they used to.

4. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Josh Gates is about the only reason I watch this also. Some of the investigations are interesting.

5. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL

Advertisements

The show would be instantly more interesting to me if they actually found something! One thing that crew lacks is STEALTH. Yelling: "OMG! There's something over there! GO! GO! GO!" is certainly going to scare off whatever beast they're looking for!

6. RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    I finally watched the episode. I agree that it isn't the best show to do live. The pace was FAR too slow.

Jael seemed really freaked out about being in that tower alone. A bit surprising given her previous experience with Destination Truth.

I would love to be a part of that crew. They travel to lots of neat destinations and appear to enjoy a great rapport with each other.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    They are way to noisy. For example, here is Jael (is she Superman's sister or something? that is a Krytonian name if there ever was one) She is in the tower trying to sense something. I mean I have never hunted ghosts but when I have tried to feel something spiritual, I got quiet, grounded myself and opened my self up to listen and to feel. Jael was all jumpy, she talked a lot etc. I kept listening during the show and most of the time the noises were made by the crews or their equipment.

8. RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    In this case they are looking for ghosts, not monsters or previously undiscovered species, so I don't think all the noisemaking would have frightened them away. Otherwise Zak Bagans and his "Ghost Adventures" crew would have never run into any ;)

I do agree that a lot of the noises they were mistaking for ghosts was probably their own noises that they are mistaking for the paranormal.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I think they read to much into the ghost recordings also, though in some episodes they were fairly clear. In the Irish episode, they seemed to have found nothing. The whooting noise could have been birds, there was some livestock around making noises, birds were living in the building etc.

10. Crash_Corrigan

Crash_Corrigan New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Destination Truth can be fun to watch. Josh Gates makes it entertaining, but I have to laugh at the fact that they routinely fly around the world to conduct "scientific investigations", but they typically only stay on site one or two days at most. If there were an unknown animal or mysterious phenomena, how likely are they to find concrete evidence in only one night of investigation?

11. RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    I don't believe for a minute that they fly back and forth as much as they say they do. I believe they stay away from home for weeks at a time, concentrating in a particular region. For example, if during a given season they will be in various parts of South America, or Europe, they will do that region all at once, then fly back to study their footage and for Josh to do his voiceovers and visit his experts.

I also believe they spend a lot more time in the areas they investigate then they let on. Many of the areas they visit are too far away to make into a "day trip" and can take days just to get to. Then there's the setup and prep needed to make a decent TV program.

12. Crash_Corrigan

Crash_Corrigan New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't fly back to L.A. after every investigation, but I don't know why they would make it look like they spent less time at each site doing their team investigations, if the whole team was on site more than a day or two. If they were on site a week or longer, I would think they'd emphasize that to make their "research" appear more thorough. Their one-night expeditions come across as just an excuse to make a goofy travel show to obscure parts of the world in order to run around in the woods at night.