Desperate Housewives 5/10 "Marry Me a Little" *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, May 11, 2009.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

I don't normally start threads on this show, but something so outrageously stupid happened and I couldn't suspend my disbelief any longer, so I had to comment.

Are they seriously telling us that a divorce attorney who's been a sleazeball for more than 20 years would seriously allow Bree to register a storage unit in her own name? If you're gonna go the storage unit route at all, you do it in a different state, paying cash, and in the name of a shell corporation or something/someone else as facilitated by Carl. I just can't believe they expect us to accept this without a second thought. :thumbsdown:

2. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Half the stuff Susan does is stupid beyond belief. Par for the show, one watches mostly for the catfights, jealousies etc.

3. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal
    I can't believe that we get to deal with Dave for at least part (if not all) of next season. I was really hoping they were going to wrap that storyline up tonight. The writers have dragged it on way too long and now they stretched it into next year as well, ugh.

4. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    They could still wrap him up in the 2 hour season finale.

5. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005

Advertisements

Yes, and I hope "wrap him up" is literal, rather than just figurative. He isn't an asset to the show IMHO.

Barbeedoll

6. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Ok, you thought the lawyer thing was dumb... I agree tho I didn't think of that because I was too busy wondering why Orson would go RIGHT TO THE MASK drawing and think it was in the unit.

Why wouldn't he think she opened it for the business???? Or for ANY other number of reasons. Why would he go RIGHT THERE in his mind and think she was the robber??

That was ridiculous.

Dave's story is just dragging on and on and on....

You'd also think Gabby would have more understanding how something bad can happen to someone. It's as if her past 5 years didn't even happen.

7. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    She mentioned the last 5 years...that was her reason for thinking that no matter how bad things got, she could work really hard and make it through without losing her house.

I didn't mind the lawyer not telling Bree to get the storage unit elsewhere since it is possible that he assumed that she was smart enough to figure that out, but I found it odd that after he mentioned ski masks, they still broke in without masks. Any of the neighbors could have easily identified her and her divorce attorney breaking in.

8. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    All the more likely with her divorce attorney being one of their former neighbors.

Where was Bree when the storage unit people called on her cell phone? Why didn't she have her phone with her, wherever she was?

9. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Forget "why". "How"? Where did he get the key?

10. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    They'd already lost me by that point - I couldn't believe that the lawyer himself would take part in the burglary, that was completely insane. This show is just too pathetic these days, but for some reason my wife insists on watching it and I sit stoically beside her, hoping in vain for a flash of the wit we saw in the early seasons.

11. NJChris

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    What was the point to the buglary? So she could keep some items???

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    So they wouldn't be part of the shared assets in a divorce settlement.

13. NJChris

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    But the money would from the insurance. Besides, I think it was silly. She cared about the business, not that stuff. I usually find I can look the other way with DH.. but with one bad plot device after another, I have to say this was one of the worst episodes I've seen of DH.

14. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Money schmoney...the scene where the lawyer was telling her how Orson's new younger floozie was going to be abusing her prize possessions was signal enough that a price tag wasn't the reason for the robbery. Bree cares about her business and her possessions not the replacement value.

15. NJChris

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Maybe so, but it just didn't feel right. It felt like they just threw it in there and were sloppy.

16. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    And you can weasel your way out of a lot of things...but not insurance fraud.

Barbeedoll

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This is TV folks and I don't watch this show for any kind of realism. But I think I am just bored with it. It's pretty much the same thing over and over, and if they put Susan back together with Mike, that might be the end of this for me. And that's where this looks like it might be heading. And I agree, they REALLY have streched this Dave thing out too long. I thought it was going to be over after the fire, and then after Edie died, and then after.. and then after.... and you get the picture. I think I watch now more out of habit than anything. Wife still likes it though.

18. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Same here. I'm starting to "multi-task" (surf the net, write in my journal, correct the kids homework etc.) during the show and that's never a good sign... Usually means I've about reached the end of my attention span with it. This show used to be such great TV, but now, as you say, I think I'm just hanging in there out of habit.

19. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    In the same boat. Some episodes I find myself rolling my eyes at the end of every scene. I am this close to telling my wife to add it to the list of shows she watches when she's home and I'm not.