Desperate Housewives 1/8 "One More Kiss" SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Jan 8, 2006 #1 of 42
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I really liked this episode, though I do think Lynette blew the whole kiss thing WAY out of proportion. It was just a joke, and everyone at the party saw it as such.

I hope this wasn't the extent of Andrew's blackmail. If so, that was quite weak on the part of the writers.

I still can't get into the absolutely ridiculous Applewhite storyline.

Thoughts?

2. Jan 9, 2006 #2 of 42
    RickStrobel

RickStrobel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2000
    I was glad to see Steve (or whatever his name is) put the little brat in his place. Now it's time for Bree to send him off to camp. If anyone can be blackmailed it's Andrew.

Anyone remember his hit-and-run of Mama Solice? She doesn't even have to tell the police, just Carlos :D

3. Jan 9, 2006 #3 of 42
    David Ortiz

David Ortiz Yankee Fan

Jul 8, 2002
    Fresno, CA
    "I'm like ... catnip."

LOL

4. Jan 9, 2006 #4 of 42
    Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Well, her husband has hinted before (to his visiting father) that he's cheated on her. If she knew this info, she'd have a good reason. And it *was* a kiss from Eva Langoria after all. :)

5. Jan 9, 2006 #5 of 42
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Lynette definitely doesn't know about the cheating.

6. Jan 9, 2006 #6 of 42
    b5ver

b5ver TivoPup

Jan 16, 2005
    Arlingtax, VA
    My enjoyment of this show is waning, sadly, since there is no more real mystery...unless I'm missing something.

But I have to say that the funniest parts of the show and it's writing is the subtle humor, not the laugh out loud bits (i.e. Carlos looking down while Lynette sympathetically strokes his shoulder, before his "proposition".)

7. Jan 9, 2006 #7 of 42
    dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    Who did Tom (Lynette's husband) cheated with? I don't remember...

8. Jan 9, 2006 #8 of 42
    MerlinMacuser

MerlinMacuser New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Ann Arbor,...
    This show is so far off their original potential that only an all nude, live episode has a chance of saving it. Maybe the ladies could decide to go to the beach, find out it is clothing optional then accidently lock their keys in the car and have to hitch hike back to town in the buff...yes, I think that might work.

9. Jan 9, 2006 #9 of 42
    wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    I'm confused about why the Applewhite's were still standing on their porch while the police were crawling all over the place. Wouldn't ownership of the vehicle have been determined immediately and thrown suspicion their way? At the very least, woudln't the Applewhite's have stepped down from their perch and mingled so as to defer suspicion?

10. Meathead

Meathead LSU Tiger!

Feb 19, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    They put the body in the guy's own car. That was not their car.

11. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I guess I wasn't the only person that thought that. Thanks for clearing that up.

But when the Wysteria CSI comes in, they should have no problem finding fingerprints all over the body and car from the Applewhites. And then getting a warrent they'll find the broken (or repaired) stair and blood evidence....not to mention Caleb being held hostage. Who am I kidding, they'll get away with it. :rolleyes:

12. Meathead

Meathead LSU Tiger!

Feb 19, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds like it is time for an ABC-CBS crossover. Bring in the guys from CSI to analyze everything. In one episode they should be able to solve it all, including:

• Andrew killed Carlos' mother
    • George killed Rex
    • Paul killed Mrs. Huber
    • Paul & Mary Alice killed Zach's real mother
    • Bree was present when George killed himself
    • Mike is Zach's dad
    • Tom had multiple affairs while travelling (and likely killed someone)
    • Carlos was framed & sent to prison (where he likely killed someone)
    • Gabby's baby was actually conceived by Carlos & a turkey baster
    • Caleb's life was the basis for "The Green Mile"

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    We don't know who Tom cheated with. It happened before the series started. We only know about it because he confessed it to his philandering father last season. You may recall Lynette, referring to his father, promised (with a scary serious face) to completely ruin Tom if he ever cheated on her.

14. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    They never said explicity that Tom cheated, as I recall, only hinted at it. And I think they've totally dropped that minor point and are hoping that no one ever remembers it.

I'm glad they're moving the Applewhite story along at last, even if it has to be this way. Anyone not guess that the Michael Ironside character was going to fall through the stairs after Betty commented earlier in the ep that the rotten wood was going to kill one of them? And I agree that handling of the body was really clumsy. "Wait, the keys fell in there!" Riiiiiight. That happens all the time. And yes, they would have left trace evidence all over the car. And didn't they load the body in broad daylight, in front of their house?

Meanwhile, we are busy throwing character out the window for the sake of story. Wasn't it just an ep or two ago that Gaby was insanely jealous of a nun who was paying attention to Carlos? And now she wants him to go have an affair? If she's looking for something to lord over him to even the score, uh, how about the fact that he's a convicted felon? Meanwhile, Carlos, who in the nun episodes was suddenly totally devout, now appears to be seriously considering adultery -- and with another married person, no less! And does anyone actually believe that, even if you buy that, he'd really think Lynette was into it? I kind of liked the "kiss" story up until those points; it was nice to have some of the characters interacting, and a relief to have a Lynette plotline that had nothing to do with her office or her kids. But then it went off the rails, throwing character consistency out for the sake of a story that is disposable anyway.

If only James Denton weren't bringing in the ladies, they could write him out. His character serves no purpose anymore.

15. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Gaby's problem is that she needs to be in control of it; the affair is OK since she's permitting it but it wouldn't be if Carlos did it on his own.

16. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    My recollection of the conversation between Tom and his father was that it could well have been *anything* that Tom did, and was not necessarily cheating. He said something along the lines of "well, there is one thing I did that I can never let Lynette know." Based on the fact that their prior conversation dealt with cheating, one might have been led to believe he was referring to a cheating incident, but really it could be anything.

To talk about Tom cheating as if it is an established fact is just wrong.

17. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    They specifically said that they would wait until after dark to get rid of the body.

18. Bananfish

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    It's true that this year is not nearly as fun as last year, but I honestly don't think the writing this year is any better or worse than last year. I just think it's more fun to get to know characters like these than to actually know them.

For instance, "oh my God, is Gabi really that slutty and shallow?" and "oh my God, does Bree really have something stuck that far up her ass?" have been answered. We know the answer is yes. We're not as surprised as we used to be, so it's not as fun.

19. Bananfish

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    When I was dating my now wife about 8 years ago in grad school, a giant group of us went out to a bar after finals. A good friend of mine planted a kiss on my now wife in very much the way Gabi did to Tom - it was clearly a joke, and a very funny one that everyone, including myself, laughed at.

My reaction was almost exactly the same as Lynette's. (I can't believe I'm identifying with Lynette, who I despise!) I knew it was a joke. I still liked my friend very much. I still loved my now wife. But it bugged me a little.

Unfortunately, my friend didn't have a girlfriend or wife, so I didn't get to make out with his woman for 30 seconds as redemption/revenge. Yet. :)

20. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    After their adventures with the babysitter (nanny), it was hardly surprising or out of character.