Desperate Housewives - 1-15-06 Episode-SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tms317, Jan 16, 2006.

1. tms317

tms317 New Member

May 2, 2003
    NY

Advertisements

Ok. I'm only starting this thread so people can talk about the episode and fill me in on what I missed by watching 24.
    I know..Tivo..blah, blah...But i had to watch the premiere live as I had guests over that were not waiting around....
    Let the discussion begin....

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Wow, I honestly thought someone had already started this... hehe. Didn't even notice there wasn't one. :)

That's about how I'm feeling about the show.

3. cowboys2002

cowboys2002 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Cypress, TX
    It's past noon PST and no comments on the show yet?

I haven't watched it yet (thank 24 for that) , won't get a chance tonight either!!

24, pt.2

4. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    It wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't great. It kind of ended up running in the background until Grey's Anatomy was ready to watch.

tk

5. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ

Advertisements

I think this thread pretty much sums up everybody's opinion on the show....

6. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I enjoyed Mrs Huber's sister (what's her name?) showing up at the end. The blood drive with Zack finding out that Mike also has AB- blood (I also have that blood type!) was a good step forward. The doctor bit with Susan was bad. I enjoyed Carlos standing up for Gabrielle, as ridiculous as it was. I liked Bree "standing" up to Ms. Applewhite, although I HATE the drinking plot. I also don't like that the Applewhites are already packing up.

7. fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005
    The end was the only good part of the show.

8. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    If it means they'll disappear and never be heard from or about again, I'm for it. But I think we all know that won't happen.

9. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    It was definitely my favorite part. The return of Harriett Sansom Harris automatically makes the show better. However: why the heck couldn't they have let her 5 seconds of screen time go uncredited for this episode. Hers was the first name in the opening credits, very hard to miss, so once we got to the end without seeing her I knew exactly who it was at the bedside, before we actually saw her. Way to ruin a very good surprise.

10. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA

How dare they show the opening credits without Spoiler tags!

But more interestingly, you watch the opening credits? You own a TiVo, and you watch the opening credits?

(Admittedly sometimes I watch The Sopranos opening credits ... the music puts me in the right mood for the show).

11. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Speaking of opening credits... for some time now they'd been really short; I noticed with this episode the full credits are back again. Anyone know why?

12. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I am talking about the episode credits, not the opening title credits, despite my use of the latter term in my prior post. I don't think it would have been too much to ask to leave HSH out of the "guest stars" list this time around, to preserve the surprise.

13. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I, however, didn't know the actress's name, so it was still a surprise. Besides, I usually ignore the names scrolling underneath their conversation.

14. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    I don't/didn't watch the actors names at all, but the minute there was another nurse at his side, I immediatly turned to my wife and said that it was Mrs. Huber's sister...

15. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    shrug. about on par of what DS has become to me. I was honestly suprised Lynette didn't try to trick her husband into getting a vasectomy.

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    same here...ignorance is bliss ;)

17. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    Because they're struggling to come up with enough material? Because they can't sell all their commercial spots any more due the fact that the show has gone downhill?

I'm not an expert on this whole shark-jumping thing, but Gabrielle exposing herself to the gardeners seemed kinda tending in that direction to me.

18. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    We'll know they're really getting desperate (ha ha) when Gabby exposes herself to the audience - or starts a webcam to show us that she is "internet pretty".

19. bigcb37

bigcb37 Willing Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Falls...
    This was the first show that I was genuinely uninterested in. I had it on but was surfing the net at the same time...this show jumped the shark after Season 1....

20. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Yeah, it was a nice change of pace that she didn't pull some sort of shrewish move to emasculate him. I figured she would expose him to the chicken pox, but instead she just browbeat him into agreeing to get "cut.*". It was also good seeing him show Lynette a little backbone. I think their storyline would be more interesting if their marriage doesn't weather this storm, but I fear that all will be resolved next week.

I actually liked some of Susan's blind date's jokes. Nice that they worked in a circumcision joke to go along with Tom's vasectomy, but the funniest one was the 2:30/tooth hurty joke. :up: That was the highlight of the season thus far.