Desperate H-wives **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

Is anyone still watching? I was going to drop them this season but they announced that this would be the last season, and I have put in so much time watching them from the beginning I figured I had to stay with them for one last season!

I have to say that I kind-of have to force myself to watch each episode. DH had always had dumb characters but this season they are even dumber! Carlos killing that guy attacking Gabby was self defense and they definitely should have called the cops. And the construction guy agreeing to hide the body in the concrete footing of one of his buildings when he just met these crazy wives what may be a few months ago was unbelievable!!

Anyway, just curious what others' thoughts are out there!

Gerry

2. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Still watching, and completely agree that this season is all so unnecessary. Bree hitting Vance with her car just took the cake, and if this weren't the last season I'd stop watching.

I said this following last season, too: I just don't understand their thinking here. It was a clear case of self-defense and it's highly unlikely that Carlos would have been prosecuted. Even if he had been, any lawyer worth his or her salt would be able to get him off with relatively little effort.

And speaking of lawyers, the group's legal logic following the burial defies description. As soon as there was the slightest hint of an investigation, each of them should have retained counsel and refused to answer any questions from or have any interaction whatsoever with police. Even if Vance could decode the situation (and he's obviously getting closer), they'd probably still be able to argue self defense and would at worst be charged with obstruction of justice and improper disposal of a body.

Gah. So frustrating.

3. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm glad I quit watching after last season. Too bad, for many years it was an entertaining show.

4. Gerryex

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Don't forget that Carols left rehab, so it could have been him. Plus it could have been Mike. Or even the construction guy. So we really don't know who hit Vance!!

Gerry

5. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Was Bree's son back in town? After all he has a history of running over people. :p

6. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Of the various characters I am really hating Lynette's character. I wanted Tom to say "tough for you, I am still going to Paris." I want him to divorce her so bad.

It would also be great if they had balls and ended the show similar to how it started with Bree really committing suicide. Gaby could have her husband back in Jail with Mike, and Susan could be single again.

7. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    I'm still holding on until the bitter end. These characters are all idiots though. Hopefully the neighborhood gets nuked.

8. Gerryex

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, I agree! All thgough out the series her character was the most manipulative and down right mean. I think it was last season where it came out that Tom had a fling with Renee but it was before Tom and Lynette got married. So for a period of time Lynette kept on sabotaging things Tom was doing - having him slip and fall on something she poured out and other things I don't remember.

Anyway, I'm quite glad this is their last season!!

Gerry

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This season is so stupid, and it made no sense to me for Carlos just not to go to the police after his self defense murder.

I'm hoping for a Seinfeld'esque ending where the women all end up in jail :)

10. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    Maybe it'll all be a dream by Mary Alice. ("See how stupid the show turns out if I kill myself? I should live!")

11. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Here is my wishlist:

Bree - commit suicide (Please)
    Carlos, Mike - go to Jail
    Lynette - gets divorced and your husband moves to France
    Susan - go back to being a single housewife with no neighbors
    Gaby - gets murdered visiting Carlos in jail.

12. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I would change one...

Lynette - run over by bus... still alive... bus backs up to finish the job.

13. Supfreak26

Supfreak26 Go Cowboys!

Dec 12, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    I'm with everyone else. This season is painful to watch. I hate everyone on the show. They are all idiots. But I've been there from the beginning so I might as well finish it.

14. nickels

nickels opinionated dope

Jan 11, 2010
    Warrington, PA
    I got about 2-3 episodes in this season and just couldn't take it anymore. The writing, the plots, the characters... there is really nothing left to love or enjoy. I just couldn't do it. Has it turned around yet? Unwatchable.

BTW - Been there since day one. This season is so bad... so so bad, they lost me.

15. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    It would be kinda awesome if it was all a daydream that Mary Alice had while holding the gun to her head. She realizes that all of her friends have worse lives than she does so she goes next door and shoots Mrs. Huber!!!!

I will come up with any scenario to get Christine Estabrook some screen time.:D