Desktop keeps droping connection while transfering

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by weetoots, Jul 14, 2006.

1. weetoots

weetoots New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii

Advertisements

Desktop 2.2, TIVO 7.2.2.
    I am getting incomplete transfers. This started about 2 weeks ago. Desktop says it was interrupted. By what? If I unplug the USB plug for the Lynksys wireless device ans plug it back in, then I can see my TIVO in Desktop.

I have transfered 100's of times, no problem. Confusing!
    TIA

Al

2. btl-a4

btl-a4 Man I must be bored.

Dec 28, 2005
    Did you add any new security software? Firewall, Privacy ect. I know I have to turn off my privacy software for the Tranfers to go through.

3. woodman750

woodman750 New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    New York, NY
    I had a Linksys wireless B for a few years and started having the same problem with dropped transfers. It began with wireless transfers, then started to happen even when both computer an tivo were connected by wire to the router. Basically, my router was dying. I replaced it and have been trouble free since then.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It's also possible one of your neighbors got a wireless network and it's interfering with your connection. Try changing the channel used on your wireless access point. This might help avoid interference.

Dan

5. Atomike

Atomike New Member

Jun 12, 2005

Advertisements

Every networking problem I've had was caused by the firewall. Do you use ZoneAlarm? Don't. It's probably the worst firewall you could use. It caused FAR more problems for me than it fixed. Instead, try Comodo (it's also free and seems to work flawlessly for me). I'm very glad I switched.