Designated Survivor "Warriors" S1E11 (3/8/17) **Spoilers!**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Mar 9, 2017 #1 of 19
    RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS

Advertisements

Well, I was really surprised that they actually shot the prez. But, I guess it made for a better storyline with them invoking 25 and putting MacLeish in the big chair. That guy just looks evil.

I did think they'd run that plot out for more than one ep though. Man, the VP's wife is really a ball buster. Are they Commies or something? What's behind this whole, gigantic conspiracy?

I also thought for a moment that they were breaking the glass ceiling by having his surgeon be a woman.
    And, in this case, Kimble turned out to be a good guy.

It's a good thing Maggie Q is working for the president so he can pardon her.

I'm all in for the back half.

2. Mar 9, 2017 #2 of 19
    Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I thought it was a bit of a scheduling mistake to have three months between episodes for a freshman serial drama. I forgot about a big chunk of what was going on.

3. Mar 9, 2017 #3 of 19
    allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Is this still around? I thought it had been cancelled. :p

4. Mar 9, 2017 #4 of 19
    RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    :D:D
    Hey, that happens to me every week on all the shows I'm watching. If they didn't run the recaps at the beginning of each episode, I'd be totally lost. :D

stellie93 likes this.
  5. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina

Advertisements

I couldn't agree more! I really forgot what was going on too. Had to look up when it was last actually on - mid-December. Jeesh! What compelling programming did Fox just have to put on in its place the last three months? (Generally not a fan of Fox stuff - Kiefer is the exception).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  6. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Small parts of the recap I did not remember, I was thinking either I missed an episode, or their recap was a bit different than the shows before. But it was nothing important, so the heck with it.

The VP's order was a bit too obvious.

Pretty good.

7. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    The "previously on" portion was a little longer than normal and was able to catch me up sufficiently.

Man the VP wasted no time in trying to cover his tracks and destroy the economy.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was a little surprised that Mike (SS agent) was able to get Hannah out of custody and bring her to see the prez without even any handcuffs or anything. As far as anyone else knows, she's part of the conspiracy to assassinate the president, so letting her out of her cell and taking her to actually meet with the president is a huge leap of faith by Mike.
    Not sure what compelling programming Fox put on - but it doesn't really matter because this show is on ABC. ;)

mrdbdigital likes this.
  9. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    You'd think the stock market would have been so low after the bombing of congress that it couldn't be hurt any more. What's one little assassination compared to that? ;)

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    How much time is supposed to have passed since the premiere? I thought when we previously saw shots of the destroyed Capitol building, the dome was all or mostly gone. Yet in this episode when they're holding the inauguration on the steps of the Capitol, you can see some scaffolding around the dome but it looks to be mostly intact, along with the rest of the building. So has Kirkman already been president for several months?

11. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    You're not supposed to notice small details like that. :)

12. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I was amused that, as we see McLeish's wife doing the Lady Macbeth thing so hard, she even leads with a direct reference to 'blood on our hands'.

Otherwise, this show is really losing me. It feels so forced.

13. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    IMO this is very much as "24" was - one forced and ridiculous crisis after another and equally ridiculous resolutions and actions

The previous president and congress were (mostly) all assassinated. We can only imagine how tight security would now be. Yet:

1) The new president and his wife appear in a hospital window and stand there waving for several minutes with little or no secret service presence in the crowd below. Really?

2) An arrested (falsely or otherwise) FBI agent is taken to the white house and allowed to be alone with the new president. Yeah, okay.

And how hard is it to get the facts straight? If you're going to use the 25th amendment as a plot device, at least understand how it works. I got a huge kick out of the vice president being told: "The President is now under anesthesia, so you are now the president." First, I HATE asinine dialog like that - is the Vice President such an idiot that he doesn't know he's acting president? And second, he became acting president when the president signed the document, not when he was put under anesthesia.

Okay, it's an action oriented tv show --- I get it. But if you're going to try to border on reality at least give us, the audience, credit for SOME level of intelligence :confused::rolleyes:

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    You guys look way too deep into this stuff :) I'm enjoying it, even if a lot of it's a bit far fetched. It's entertaining and I'm really interested in where this conspiracy will lead. And it's making me think about a lot of what's happening for real and making me wonder.... :)

15. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    It's so awful I keep watching to see how much more awful it can get. And it hasn't disappointed yet.

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Too much TV to watch something you find awful :D

17. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    It's an enjoyable awful... :)

18. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Ok, this literally made me LOL!!!

19. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    I don't know if it's because the same guy is on it, it has the same "feel" or both, but my mind kept expecting the "24" clock. :p