Descriptions No Longer Say "Repeat"

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Dnamertz, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    The show descriptions on the D-Tivo menu no longer say whether a show is a repeat. Its getting difficult to tell if a show is a repeat, and tonight "My Name is Earl" was a repeat (even though it didn't say "repeat") and it recorded. How is Tivo (or me) supposed to know if a show is a repeat?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    TiVo uses the original air date to determine whether it's a repeat. If the air date was more than a week ago it is considered a repeat.

3. dscott72

dscott72 New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Newnan, GA
    I noticed that same "glitch" when I was setting up all of my season passes. I noticed that specifically on NBC and ABC the shows didn't say repeats, but at the least the season premires are notated.

4. ciaramellam

ciaramellam New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Earl wasn't listed as a repeat because NBC added a few extra minutes of footage previously un-aired. They bulked up last year's finale before next week's new season premier. Gotta love tv marketing...

5. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Same here. Earl showed up on my Now Playing List as a new episode. It took me a few minutes of watching it to remember I had already seen this episode :)

6. kenr

kenr New Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Florham...
    I suspect Earl was not labeled repeat was because the episode was edited to now contain that "Save Earl" music video.

7. ST1100A

ST1100A New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Oceanside, CA
    I am also not seeing repeat on anything since the 6.3e upgrade. This includes CSI episodes from 2003 - I think that is older than one week!!! :eek:

Seems to be an issue with how the guide is determining repeats, it looks like, for now, nothing is a repeat - no matter how old it is. I just delete them and move on - for now...

8. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    As far as I know, that text is not calculated by the TiVo. It comes from Tribune and is simply text.

9. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    The Descriptions for HD shows also now show "High-Def" instead of "HDTV" as it did before.

I now check the OAD to see if shows are repeats.