Democrats: The South Carolina Debates - July 23rd 7pm

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Grimm1, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    From CNN's website...

"Watch a first of its kind event: the 'CNN/YouTube Debates'! The Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just like you! A special event, Monday beginning 7 p.m. ET!"

Since there is no Seaon Pass that would catch all the debates I have a wishlist setup for DEBATE* but my current guide data does not list this debate. It is currently showing "Anderson Cooper 360" in the 7pm slot.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Is it on TV? I thought it was on YouTube and that is why my wishlist was not finding it. I get home about 6 PDT so I won't see a minute of it. (I am already tired of the debates. I happen to be a Democrat but by the time my state has its primary, all but one of them will have dropped out so I don't have to pay much attention until the general election.)

3. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    Yes it's on CNN at 7pm EST and 4pm PST. today!

I understand your frustration....but I can't stand the thought that I should just tune out until I'm told who the "chosen one" is.

4. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    ET PT
    7:00p.m. 4:00p.m. CNN/YouTube Debate : Watch a first of its kind event, when
    Anderson Cooper hosts the first `CNN/YouTube Debate' on CNN. Watch the
    Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just like you!

8:00p.m. 5:00p.m. CNN/YouTube Debate (...cont): Watch a first of its kind
    event, when Anderson Cooper hosts the first `CNN/YouTube Debate' on CNN.
    Watch the Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just
    like you!

9:00p.m. 6:00p.m. The Situation Room (special time): Watch a special edition
    of "The Situation Room." We break down the CNN/YouTube Democratic Debate
    with immediate reaction from the candidates, analysis, and more.

10:00p.m. 7:00p.m. Anderson Cooper 360°: You asked.. the candidates
    answered. We're wrapping up the first-ever `CNN/YouTube Debate.' See how the
    men and woman who want to be president handled your tough questions.

11:00p.m. 8:00p.m. CNN/YouTube Debates (replay): Watch a first of its kind
    event, when Anderson Cooper hosts the first `CNN/YouTube Debate' on CNN.
    Watch the Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just
    like you!

5. citivolus

citivolus Member

Jul 3, 2002
    too bad my guide data on my HR10-250 didn't reflect this. It just listed "Situation Room" from 7-8pm EST and so I missed the second hour of the debate. Really upset as this appeared to be actually a worthwhile event! I think CNN is rebroadcasting the debate from 11pm-1am so I manually set that to record.

6. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Thanks for posting this. On my Tivo it was listed as "Anderson Cooper," so I didn't know it was going to be the debate. I even went to CNN's website, but couldn't find the time it would be aired again!

does anyone know when the Republican one will be aired?

7. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    On September 17, the Republican candidates will participate in the second CNN-YouTube debate in Florida.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I heard that the questions were very good but the candidates still pretty much dodged the real straight questions.

I think this year I may be able to vote in a good primary. My state which is a little bitty unimportant one that no one has ever heard of has its primary on Feb 5th with a goodly chunk of the country. Just because my state has over 10% of the population of the US living in it doesn't mean we are as important as New Hampshire and Iowa.