Deleting streaming episodes within a show's folder

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jaj2276, Jun 25, 2015.

1. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

I set up a OnePass for The Americans earlier this year. It's set as streaming & recording. It recorded all the S3 episodes that aired this past spring and shows me S1 and S2 episodes as available for streaming (via Amazon Prime). The view is "My Episodes."

I've been deleting the streaming episodes as we've watched them but something happened recently whereby the streaming episodes will not delete. I've tried both deleting them by hitting clear on the episode title itself and/or selecting "Delete" when I'm in the long-description screen of a particular episode. Anyone else experience this and figure out how to solve it?

I've already rebooted (twice) and tried to delete the episodes via the Tivo App on my Android phone with no luck. The problem started last week when the Tivo (this is a Premiere) got in to some state where it thought it had no internet connection and it removed all of my video providers. After a day or two in that state, it somehow "fixed" itself although obviously there are still lingering problems (i.e. this one).

I haven't yet attempted to delete the OnePass because I don't want my recordings to go away. Does deleting a OnePass when there are recordings in the My Shows folder do anything to those recordings? If I then add the OnePass back in, will those recordings be integrated back in to the new OnePass entry? I don't want to introduce more complications to the Tivo at this point as losing the video providers for just a day or two royally sucked.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    They won't. Your recordings are retained if you delete a OnePass; they'll still be sitting in the 'Showname' folder under 'My Shows.' (I just tested it.) And you can recreate the OnePass from within the show's folder.

Just remember that the new OnePass' priority is now at the bottom of the list. You'll need to access the OnePass Manager to put its priority back where it was before.

3. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Deleted the OnePass. Recordings stayed. That's good.

Recreated the OnePass. The issue with not being able to delete streaming episodes remains. Also weirdly is that I CAN delete the streaming episodes of S1 through the first few episodes of S2 that I had deleted before this problem started happening.

A new problem is that now the "My Episodes" view of the OnePass does not show my streaming episodes (even though the OnePass is set to start from S1). I have to view the streaming episodes from "All Episodes."

I would love to see the spaghetti code for the OnePass engine as it seems like it's just a house of cards ready to topple.

4. cneubert

cneubert New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Green, OH
    I posted the same issue in another thread yesterday. I also used to be able to delete episodes and I also had the recent issue where I couldn't access folders at all and had a spontaneous reboot. Then it eventually "fixed" itself.

I hope they find a fix for this. The OnePass is really nice when it works properly.

5. cneubert

cneubert New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Green, OH

Advertisements

Are you still unable to see the episodes in My Episodes? I noticed it takes a few minutes for them to show up when changes are made to add them when they were previously excluded by the OnePass settings.

Also, I tried turning off the Netflix and Amazon video providers, then rebooted and turned them back on. Didn't help, still can't delete.

6. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Ya, still cannot see the streaming episodes under "My Episodes." Not a big deal but it would be nice to "file a bug" with Tivo and have their engineers work with me to reproduce/fix it or tell me they already are aware of it.

7. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Can't help ya. I have a 1P for 'The Americans'...
    Include: Recordings & streaming
    Start from: Season 1
    Rent or buy: Don't include​
    ... with Amazon Prime set as my Video Provider and the free (w/ subscription) episodes from Season 1 & 2 are listed and playable.

8. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    I'm currently going through Stargate SG1 season 8 on using One Pass as my interface rather than going directly through whatever service it's from (which is the point of One Pass).

Right now S8 E1 does not delete for me so every time I enter the show through Now Playing it offers me that episode at the top. I try to delete it, fail, move on to the next episode as the one I intended to watch anyways. I play it and delete it. All exactly as it should be. Except for the season premier episode refusing to delete.

9. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    My original one worked as well so I know it's not a problem with the show The Americans. Something went wrong internally on my Tivo and The Americans just happened to be the affected OnePass.

Maybe when my wife goes on vacation here in a couple of weeks leaving me at home by myself, I'll wipe and delete everything and see if I can get it resolved.

10. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Blame it on a power surge. :D

11. cneubert

cneubert New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Green, OH
    Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I still have the problem on several one passes.

12. cneubert

cneubert New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Green, OH
    I think I may have fixed it by going to Settings/Help/Restart or Reset/Clear Program Information & To Do List.

I say "I think" because I can't remember which shows were causing problems, but I can definitely delete streaming episodes now so I think that fixed it.

Just make sure you do it when you have at least an hour before anything is going to record and make sure you connect to get guide data when it's done clearing so your To Do List can refresh.

13. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Yes, this fixes it. It started happening to me on every streaming series so I had to find a fix. I saw someone else post that this fixed a similar issue so I went ahead and did the same and presto, all good.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk