Deleting Programs on Networked TIVO's

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by cctraveler, Oct 31, 2011.

1. cctraveler

cctraveler New Member

May 29, 2008
    My wife noticed that on our new TIVO Premier that you can delete programs on another network connected TIVO Premier. Is this a new feature? If so, is there somewhere you can find out the various new features? Also, will this feature be added to any other series TIVO's?

2. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    This is a new feature related to the upcoming release of Multi-Room Streaming (MRS) to the Premiere Platform. This will be a Premiere-only feature along with the ability to stream content instead of transferring content. TiVo unfortunately does not release notes about new features but tends to publicize them via their blogs, etc.

3. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

Oct 26, 2011
    u have standard premieres/xl's, and can delete your recordings from either tivo? i have 2 premiere standards, one in living room, one in bedroom, and my main gripe is not being able to delete off the other tivo when im done watching from the other room. are you saying you can do this? are you running version 14.9 software?

4. NotVeryWitty

NotVeryWitty Too Big to Fail

Oct 3, 2003
    Central Mass.
    This feature is in 14.8 -- if you press the Delete button (lower left button on the Tivo remote) while looking at a show on the networked (Premiere) box, it will delete it from that box. I have one Premiere and one Premiere XL, and it works on both of them.

5. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

Oct 26, 2011
    When I do this in my bedroom tivo, deleting a recording I had transfered from bedroom to living room. I delete the recording off the living room from my bedroom it says deleting and then it says no shows recorded go back to my shows. I go back and go into living room tivo again and nothing has been delete and all the shows are back.

6. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nevermind. My tivo in the living room was still running 14.5.