Delete File (Group) and all shows in it

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by megory, Jul 30, 2007.

1. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I'd like to be able to delete a file (or a group) with all the recordings in it, just as I can do in a computer.

For me, it's a PITA to go through all the steps to delete all the shows saved in one file, even though I'm sure it is to "protect" us from nimble fingers.

2. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
    I agree. I should be able to hit clear or something on a folder and be prompted to delete the folder and its contents.

3. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I wholeheartedly agree with this one. Tonight I had to delete two season's worth of shows that I decided not to watch, one at a time. Yuck. Or they should be a way, via Tivo2Go/Tivo Desktop, to do the same thing.

I also like to go in and delete episodes here and there (tonight I went through 76 episodes of a cooking show to delete the ones I didn't care about). It's painfully slow to delete them one by one, having to wait for the menus to pop back up before moving on to view the next one. It would be great if we had the ability to simply scroll down, mark certain shows for deletion, and then delete them all at once.

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    While not as nice as the ability to delete a whole folder at once, the newer TiVo software (with the deleted items folder) does support fast deleting.

Basically, you hit clear, and a little 'x' appears next to the program, you can move to the next program and hit clear again. Once you pause for a moment the TiVo will move all of the 'x' marked programs to the Deleted Items folder.
    So you can move through a list much faster, because you don't have to mess around with the menus, or confirmation screens.

(Unfortunatly for me, that software isn't avalible for the DirecTV TiVos)

5. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    Hey, that's NIFTY! Thanks!

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Wow, I will have to try that! Thanks!

7. Bobbycarper

Bobbycarper New Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Just press clear (button bottom left of handset)on the group you want to delete & you will be given the option to delete entire group. Hope this helps ;)

8. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    That works, now. That functinality wasn't part of the software 5 years ago when this thread was current.