"Delayed Channel Change"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by wtherrell, Jan 26, 2009.

1. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...

Advertisements

Now a new wrinkle in the channel change problems. Two s2's both do this now. Tivo sends code to SA (TWC) Charlotte cable box. TWC (not TIVO) banner appears at bottom of screen with correct info and the new channel number. Numbers may appear on cable box and then revert to the old channel. CAble box may change, may wait 5 minutes, 15 minutes, and in one case 1 hour and 40 minutes before it actually changes. While the hang-up is going on the TWC banner remains at the bottom of the screen the whole time while the actual content is from the old channel. When it does finally change it is almost always at the end of a commercial. I have re-run the channel changing routine on Tivo and it seems to work but then periodically and unpredictably this hang-up occurs. Should I be sending one, two, three, or four characters to the box from Tivo to assure greater reliability? What is the best set up for this situation, since it seems to kinda work with several different configurations. Even works if I choose code for a Pioneer box.

2. Southcross

Southcross New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    try unpluging the power to the cable box for a few minutes, sounds like an internal software issue