Default Recording Options on HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ciscokid, May 13, 2011.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    Is there a way to set the default recording options on the HD so that it will "Keep Till I Delete" rather than "Until Space is Needed" ??

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    No, you have to set it per season pass/auto-recording wishlist.. unfortunately.

3. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    It is also a good way to fill up your drive so that new programs are not recorded.

4. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    Yes but if you have 157 hrs of HD capability and are NOT a TV junkie, t's a good way to loose a recording that you wanted to watch in the future!

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    If you have enough capacity and have suggestions on, it will almost never delete something you asked it to record, there's no need for overly aggressive KUID, a review shows I have items that are from 2008 on it still

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    there's no such thing as enough capacity. Heck, I installed a 1 TB drive in my TivoHD recently, and it's mostly full -- I finally downloaded a couple of the HD programs I recorded to get some more space. I hope to watch a bunch over the summer.

Especially if I start recording HD shows, I honestly can't imagine being able to stockpile shows like I do now. (Old TV died, finally have one that's HD -- but at the moment the Tivo is saying the TV doesn't support HDCP.. May post another thread about that.)

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I would totally agree with that!