Default "keep until" option?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tai4de2, Aug 30, 2015.

1. tai4de2

tai4de2 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Is there a way to set my default "keep until" option for use when recording individual shows? The TiVo defaults to "space needed" but I want it to be "until I delete".

As it is now I have to manually set or edit options for every recording. Not a big deal but I was wondering if I missed something.

I know there is a way for OnePass, I'm asking specifically about loose recordings.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    For the default recording options KUID and Start From are not, at this time, in the list. Maybe you can ask for it in a TiVo enhancement request.

3. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    No idea why this isn't an option, very frustrating as a former Moxi DVR user, we had this setting.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Not at all frustrating to us Tivo long term users that know superfluous use of KUID makes for frustrating troubleshooting with users who don't understand that a Tivo won't delete your recorded show until it really REALLY needs the space.

In 15 years in the Tivo family I maybe have 10-15 things with KUID set and have never EVER needed it for a series.

5. daa

daa New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    YMMV. I have a bunch of series I watch, every one of them has KUID set in its OnePass, and I've never had a problem in the couple of years I've had a Roamio. But I also use wishlists with 'until space needed' to record a bunch of newscasts so that I always have a recent one available if I want to watch it, and I watch the KUID shows quickly enough that there are always a bunch of those newscasts available to delete.