Decryption status: No ECMs detected

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rickfriele, Sep 30, 2007.

1. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    I am using two single stream cards through Cox which have been replaced a few times and I keep losing HD stations (just get a black screen) or I get a picture with no audio. In my cable card setup for Auth Status it says CP Auth Received, and for Decryption status it says No ECMs detected. What is going on?

2. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    This is in the SA CableCARD CP Screen.

3. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    I just restarted the TiVo HD and now both cards have "OK" listed next to Decryption status.

4. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    ECM's are just a "clock" that increases while tuning an encrypted digital channel.

5. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Right. The ECM count is not zero, but it is showing under the decryption status: No ECMs detected.

6. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    what is your "Power Key" status?

7. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    My understanding was that ECMs contain the keys to decrypt the video stream. They change the key frequently, so you need to keep decoding new ones. If the hardware is counting the key changes, I guess it would seem like a clock.

8. ldudek

ldudek New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    I just had a cable card issue last week and this was one of the things that my provider and TiVo had me look at. TiVo says it should say "OK" but that was talking to a first tier rep. While my cable company did have some things wrong, I found that when I change to a non encrypted channel or analog this screen will say "no EMM'S detected". But once I return to any encrypted channel it changes back to OK.

9. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    It says "Ready" on both cards. However, card 2 is back to "No ECMs detected" for the Decryption status. A supervisor who knows about cable cards is coming in the morning.

10. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Just had another guy come out to run a bunch of line tests and he said everything looked great and that it was just a card handshake issue. He said that the cards are loosing the handshake and that's why I am having the problem. Nothing they can do as the cards have been swapped multiple times. I figure I will just reset the TiVo at night because doing a reset seems to alleviate the problem until they loose the handshake again.