Deco not connecting

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jlig, Feb 9, 2021.

1. jlig

jlig New Member

Aug 1, 2007

Advertisements

I just installed a Deco mesh router (M9 Plus), and everything works ok except for my TiVo Roamio Pro. I can’t connect to the TiVo either by wifi, ethernet, or moca. I really would like to connect using moca which I successfully had working before Deco was installed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Make sure you have DHCP selected in Network Settings and not Static IP.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Skipping the usual coax drill-down, since you say you had MoCA working previously, what else changed from the “before” setup, aside from the M9? What was your previous router? Were you relying on a cable gateway with built-in MoCA bridging? Do you have other MoCA devices that *are* working properly?

Alternatively, assuming all the needed components are in place, was the Roamio Pro configured with a static IP address, previously, and might need to be updated (if the network’s IP address range has changed)? The prior suggestion Re: DHCP would be one way to tackle this possibility.

4. jlig

jlig New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Thanks for your replies. I had a standard MoCA setup: cable--MoCA--cable--WAN on router--LAN back to MoCA. My original router was a Netgear R7000. All I did was replace the Netgear router with the Deco, and the Roamio wouldn't connect. Yes other devices connected to the MoCA successfully. Roamio not configured for static IP address. So nothing changed except for the replacement of the router.