Decent Pricing?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by phatmatt, Oct 5, 2007.

1. phatmatt

phatmatt New Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Chippewa...
    OK... I called the local D* place and they said I could get an HD DVR (not sure of model or anything like that), for $299, which includes dish replacement and HD channels. I could also get a regular DVR for $99 that would include everything, but obviously not record anything in HD. Does anyone know if this is a decent price, or am I getting hoodwinked?

2. willardcpa

willardcpa QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Feb 23, 2001
    Eugene, OR USA
    Your not getting hoodwinked, its just the MSRP for the units. Same as a car lot telling you what sticker price is on a new car. Keep looking you can do better. :)

3. phatmatt

phatmatt New Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Chippewa...
    I just called the D* company themselves and got quoted the same exact price.. Who/where do I call that may give me a lower price?

4. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    Find the "HR10-250 and MPEG4; Upgrade Offer" thread. I'm not even going to post a link because it's on the first page. Read it from the last message back. I followed the instructions on DBS Talk (there's a link in the thread) and got the upgrade for $19.95.

-Robert

5. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    BTW, you are leasing the box for that price, not buying it. Also, you will have to sign up for a 2-year commitment to DirecTV.

6. milominderbinder

milominderbinder New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Even now, people are still reporting $99 or even $19 deals in this thread:

HR10-250 and MPEG4; Upgrade Offer

Right now you can get an HR20 for cheap for the new channels (and old) and keep your TiVo for the old channels. Double the tuners, double the storage.

- Craig