Deals on Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by compnurd, Nov 14, 2011.

1. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Has anyone seen any good deals lately. I would like to pick up a second premiere for the bedroom but trying to limit up front costs

2. techieunite

techieunite New Member

Oct 18, 2005
    try craigslist.

I try my local craigslist and type in either "tivo" or "premiere"

I got a brand new, unopened in box for $70.

obviously I can't return it, but it was a deal.

you have to pay full price or full livetime service. The only exception is if you buy a tivo premiere from tivo direct at $299. They did give me that option if I wanted to switch over my $6.96 rate.

wish I could get lifetime for $99 on it. I turned off all my hd menus and don't use them. I use it just like it used my hd, it just has more space. in fact it seems snappier, but netflix seems to be having some problems on it.

when I activated it, they told me about all the new features, but i dont' use them. hulu hd seems to use 22mbps(not making my cable internet company happy with me

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Best Buy has an antenna and Premiere package for $100 (the grossly inflated MSRP on the antenna alone).

Through tomorrow, 11/15/11, TiVo has a $9.99 per month subscription deal on the Premiere if you only use it for over the air and never connect cable to it.

Promo code ANTENNA

4. news4me2

news4me2 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Take a look at your Tivo Menu under Showcases & extras > Showcases. Mine shows a TIVO special offer of $99 for the Premiere and a monthly subscription at $14.99, or $399 for Lifetime...

5. unitron

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Those suscription prices are your Multi-Set Discount.

Of course if the OP already has one Premiere at full monthly or lifetime, s/he'll be eligible for those rates as well.

6. ncted

ncted A leaf on the wind

May 13, 2007
    Durham, NC
    Anyone think they will extend this deal? I am planning to convert to OTA in the coming year, and I might be interested in getting a premier early if I only had to pay $10/month for it.

-Ted

7. compnurd

Oct 6, 2011
    I can get one for 99 but i was trying to obtain one for in the 50 dollar range

8. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Check eBay. I recently bought one that someone got as a throw in with a new TV. Paid $51 with free shipping. Every once in awhile you can get a good deal.

9. phone man

phone man Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I jumped yesterday. $9.99 was low enough to get me to sign on for a year.
    I still have TWC for now at a "save" rate for the next few months. We programmed the Tivo for all the shows we watch and removed those same shows from the TWC DVR. In the end only two shows, one on history channel and one on Discovery channel remain for the TWC DVR to record. It's a slow wean but we'll get there.

10. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    You missed a sweat deal months ago. Premiere with lifetime from Tivo for $450, only for existing customers.

I know you wanted to limit your upfront costs, but that's really the only way to get a good deal. I'd start saving now for the next time.

11. compnurd

Oct 6, 2011
    Well i bite the best buy deal again to get the antenna deal for now. I already have the antenna so i just need to sell this one now

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So I presume you mean you're recording from the ANALOG channels on the Tivo.

I thought that the antenna offer said that if you had cablecards installed, you're definitely not qualified (and they would revoke it).. and heck, I thought even if you had cable SET UP (e.g. for analog), that wouldn't qualify either. Only pure OTA.

13. unitron

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    There are 2 antenna deals. One, from TiVo, which should be ending literally any minute now, lets you subscribe a Premiere with the promo code ANTENNA and get the TiVo service for $9.99 per month as long as you never connect it to cable.

The other deal is buy a ClearStream 2 antenna for $100 and get a Premiere thrown in for free, and work out the subscription details with TiVo separately. Not sure when that runs out. Apparently SolidSignal is offering this online and Best Buy has it in store (and, I suppose, online as well).

14. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Yes, Best Buy has it online:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Long-Ra...?id=pcmprd163300050001&skuId=9999163500050001

But I wonder if the $9.99 OTA rate is still in effect (Solid Signal still lists it).

15. compnurd

Oct 6, 2011
    The OTA deal expired yesterday

16. ncted

ncted A leaf on the wind

May 13, 2007
    Durham, NC
    I hope they bring it back. I was not ready to buy, but I don't want to pay $20/month for service if I can help it.

-Ted

17. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    On paper it did, but has anyone tried to redeem it today? A TiVo PR rep indicates it's over but is checking to see what the future might hold. Also, I was informed the Best Buy TiVo/Antenna bundle should be in effect for the remainder of the year.

18. nycityuser

nycityuser Member

Dec 30, 2004
    New York, NY
    Do you mean the $6.95 rate?

TiVo's website says that they offer non-commitment monthly pricing if you buy a non-subsidized unit from them but they don't expand on that.

I have two TiVos at $6.95/month. Are you saying that if I call TiVo and ask to replace one of my TiVo HDs with a Premiere for $299 they will let me keep the $6.95/month pricing on it?

19. lkinley

lkinley Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Poulsbo, WA
    Yes, you just go in and change the service number. There's a link for it under "Change service number" in the "My account" page.

20. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    I thought that option was removed when the Premiere was released and you can only migrate the $6.95 with a phone rep... Hm, anyone been able to do it online recently?

(PS TiVo confirmed for me that the $9.99 OTA rate did expire. Perhaps they'll think about offering it again at some point.)