Deal between Tivo & Directv?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rook, Sep 4, 2007.

1. rook

rook Been There

Jun 16, 2003
    Bel Air, MD

Advertisements

Read this in the August 30th SkyReport:
    http://www.skyreport.com/archives/view/?publication_id=1&release_id=614

I want to know what deal Tivo struck with Directv? Could this be a Tivo branded Directv Reciever coming back???

I can dream
    Rook

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    I don't know of any "new" deal struck between TiVo and DirecTV.

They could be referring to the announcements that DirecTV will be upgrading their TiVo powered units, but there hasn't been a new deal or extension of the current deal.

There is no new DirecTivo in development or in discussions to be developed.

3. nonamesleft

nonamesleft New Member

Jul 8, 2004
    I think that Earl must be right. Keep in mind that financials usually have a PR spin and that "deal" probably refers to just the minor tivo upgrades that we are seeing. Hope springs eternal though, doesn't it?

4. scalo

scalo New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Milford,...
    I am not sure that a software update really constitutes a "deal" because I would assume that these updates were negotiated when the new contract was signed, so there is probably no monetary value to these updates. Just a guess.

5. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I'm assuming that this is nothing more than the contract extension that was signed to 2010 for the provision of the service. Stability is often a good thing for stockholders.

6. Gyro1949

Gyro1949 FullTiming RVer

May 6, 2005
    On the road!
    About such a deal? That'd be GREAT!

I got bushwhacked by the TiVo Community e-mail that mentioned a FREE Series 2 after rebate.

After clicking a few times I came to realize that it's NOT a DTV TiVo like the one I've been using for three years. And the only ones they offer with coupons, (the free one is a single receiver,) won't record two satellite channels at once.

I'd really like to get a TiVo that'd use my PC's LAN port through my PC's broadband model to do all the stupid 'Phone-Home" operations it desires. (Living on the road means I don't have a land-line to connect it to.)

I'm going to go browse the DirecTV website for a while....

:)
    Gyro1949