Deadwood: Speking of loneliness in watching

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ozzman73, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    Just finished watching all three seasons....

I have read the comments for each episode, even after the last one, people were OK, because two movies were coming soon. No such luck.

I enjoyed the show,l but it is still a letdown and don't like where they left Swerengen, one of the best TV characters of all time.

2. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    I am now through The Wire Season Four disc 3. Once I get done The Wire, I am heading straight for Deadwood (which I never watched).

3. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Yeah, it is a crime we never got the movies.

4. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    The Wire season 1 now downloading

5. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    I wager you'll be pleased with The Wire.

I find that watching The Wire (or later Deadwood) is better than any movie I could rent on Netflix.

6. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    There are some slow days at work that need filling. Thanks for the thumbs up

7. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Burn in hell David Milch!!!

Sorry, it had to be said. :p :D

Seriously though, if Milch hadn't been so full of himself that he had to go off and do John in Cincinnati (his surfer show...), we might have seen more of Deadwood. Unfortunately John in Cincy flopped badly (though I thought it was sort of interesting) and after that HBO opted to just leave Deadwood, well, dead. :(

I'm still disappointed that we haven't gotten a movie to wrap things up. The fans and viewers really deserved it and still deserve it.

8. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'm on S3 of Deadwood after hearing/reading all the fans praise of the show and it is much deserved. I know I'm going to be PO'd when I finish the last episode knowing that there is no solid conclusion.

9. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Biggest reason Deadwood movies were not made was the management turnover at HBO. Also it did not help that the actors on the show are working actors and have to take any gig that pays which usually meant scheduling conflicts and change in appearance.

10. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    WT...keep watching, enjoy the richness of the dialog and the character development. I would watch the whole series again.

11. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Deadwood, one of the best shows ever.