Deadwood and Entourage Season 2 on DVD?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by davezatz, Dec 12, 2005.

1. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Anyone heard when these might be coming out? We've been watching the first season on DVD and really enjoying them.

2. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Not sure on these. I picked up Entourage Season 1 on UMD format (got it cheaply, normally wouldn't buy anything in UMD format, would prefer DVD instead but have been pleasantly surprised at the ease of which I can sit up in bed watching a UMD on the PSP without disturbing wife, which I know I can't do with the DVDs) to catch up on what I missed since I joined the viewership for the show when it was well into season 2.

I want season 2 DVDs when available, since I know I missed at least half of those episodes too.

Deadwood I've caught all episodes of, as it's "can't miss" TV for me.

I would expect Deadwood DVDs in springtime I guess, since that's when the next season starts up again if memory serves.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Actually, Deadwood has been pushed back to summer. But you're right, HBO tends to release their season sets shortly before the next season.

4. slydog75

slydog75 Not all that sly

Jul 8, 2004
    Warminster, PA
    Also, Deadwood Season 2 is going to be re-run on HBO starting Dec. 26th.. set your Tivo if you want to save that $90.

5. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Deadwood Season 2 - 5/23/06
    Entourage Season 2 - 6/6/06

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'm curious, why do you guys buy DVDs of shows that you can (usually) catch being rerun on cable? Do you not subscribe to that pay channel? Or is it an immediate gratification kinda thang?

I got into Sopranos during Season four. When the season ended, I wanted to watch the first three before five premiered. I knew that would be tough, so I borrowed the DVDs. So I can see getting the DVDs in a case like that.

I just got turned on to Entourage. Caught all of Season one over the last couple months, and now two is showing. I assume it will wrap-up right before Season Three premiers! No DVDs, and I'm already paying a small fortune for 8 gazillion cable channels--might as well watch 'em :D

7. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Myself, I don't get any pay channels. So I either buy or rent the DVDs or bittorrent the episodes. Pay-channel shows that I watch include Entourage, Sopranos, L-Word, Weeds, Rome, and Big Love.

8. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    For me, it's a convenience thing. I can watch an entire season over a few weeks without commercials via Netflix. I don't bother buying them since it's unlikely I'd watch again. In this case I don't have HBO or a cablebox for that matter. This weekend we've been watching the Sleeper Cell miniseries which is pretty good (we don't have Showtime either). Next up in my queue is Huff.

A buddy of mine TiVos (well he has a Dish DVR, but we still call it TiVo-ing) entire seasons of Lost, 24, and Alias and then watches it pretty compressed and advances past the commercials. He was also getting MI-5 via A&E but we discovered those are edited down version of the BBC originals, so he's considering Netflix/Blockbuster online. Also some series like the original Office aren't readily available in America.