Dead Zone 9/16

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JETarpon, Sep 17, 2007.

1. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003

Advertisements

I liked this one.

So, Johnny had to make a choice between saving Sara and stopping armageddon, and he chose Sarah.

I liked the scene with Walt leaving the message for Johnny. I could see JJs vision coming a mile away, though.

One problem I had was for all the talk for all the seasons of "it doesn't work that way" with regard to directed visions, he certainly had a lot of directed visions in the last few episodes.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Man, this show gives me whiplash! So, it's an odd-numbered week, therefore the armageddon is on?

Works for me. I think the show is at its best when it has a strong storyline going (i.e., armageddon). I just wish they wouldn't keep going back and forth on whether they're going to HAVE an ongoing storyline...

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    This is the first time that JJ saw the Armageddon vision, right?

I wonder whether they would start doing some cheesy father-son partnering episodes in the future.

4. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    Did JJ call Johnny "Dad" at the end there?

5. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN

Advertisements

"This is the episode that changes everything. Back."

6. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This show is getting way too predictable. It examines the Stillson/Armageddon aspect in the first couple and last couple of episodes of the season, and fills the middle episodes with the absolute cheapest and unrelated s--t they can write. After that's done, they hope that USA Network is dumb enough to order another 13 episode run of it. Repeat.

7. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    How many times can they remake Stillson's character? First he is the manipulator... then the manipulatED... now he is back to the manipulator. He started strong, then he was weak, now he's strong again. So, was is Janus, or not who triggers Armageddon??

Arm-a-geddon pretty tired of all this end-of-the-world stuff.

One minute he can't forgive Perdy, then the next he's pals with him again. Still, I liked it better then the circus episode.

:up:

8. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I liked seeing Tom Skerritt as Johnny's dad. Freaky how the CBA simulated the entire house in that underground "lair" to keep Herb brainwashed and working for them.

I still can't get over how the vice-president of the United States can be hanging out in a cabin, going out to a restaurant, etc. without any obvious protection (ok, maybe the secret service is just that good).

And I have to point out the obvious Visa commercial. So the vice-president carries a Visa card, eh? Wonder what the limit on that thing is ...

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm pretty sure there is no limit on government spending...