Dead Tuner?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Kingpcgeek, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Kingpcgeek

Kingpcgeek Couch Potato

Feb 6, 2012
    Basin of...

Advertisements

Last week Cox came to my house and told me that my home was creating too much noise on the network and it was causing packet loss on the rest of the node. The issue wound up being the power pack on the Cox installed amplifier. Before they found that they had replaced the amplifier and the two splitters at the DMARC.

After they left I discovered that my Premier Elite was no longer connecting to the network via MoCA. I could watch it come up and drop repeatedly on the network status page.

Thinks got worse the next day when the TiVo would not tune any channels except for the local SD channels, and they were very pixelated. Thinking it might be a Cablecard issue I swapped the CC with the one in my 4. Still no luck. Along with this issue the fan start making a ton of noise, so I replaced it.

Cox is scheduled for a truck roll tomorrow. I'm just not sure what they are going to do. I am wondering if I have a bad tuner. Its just too much of a coincidence that this happened that same time they were screwing with my network. The TiVo that is having the issue is the only one that is connected directly to the amplifier, the other TiVo and Minis have a splitter between them and the amp.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Kingpcgeek

Kingpcgeek Couch Potato

Feb 6, 2012
    Basin of...
    I should have added I am getting V52 on all of the channels that I am not receiving. I have tried all 4 tuners as well. Signal strength is zero for channels that I am not receiving. Signal strength for pixelated local SD channels is 68.

Of course extended warranty ended in January.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Your pursuit of a new Roamio sounds like a smart move. Good luck.

4. Kingpcgeek

Kingpcgeek Couch Potato

Feb 6, 2012
    Basin of...
    I did some more testing last night. I moved my TiVo to the outlet that my cable model normally is connected to. It is the only outlet that is not on an amplifier. I get exactly two digital channels, AMC-HD and Weather Channel HD. Move it to an outlet that is on the amplifier and those channels disappear.

I made another call to Cox while it was on the cable modem outlet. The rep sent a channel map to the TiVo that took about 15 minutes. After she did that some of the channels went to V53 instead of V52, and some others came up that they were not authorized. We then swapped Cablecards between the two TiVos and the card from the bad TiVo worked fine in the good TiVo, and I was back to all V52s on the bad TiVo.

So I now have a TiVo that will tune two channels on only one jack. And for good measure I also have a Mini with in operative MoCA after Cox's visit last week. I think they fried both, but how to I prove it?