Dead Tivo (or HD?)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by xix_84, Jan 25, 2006.

1. xix_84

xix_84 New Member No Longer

Jan 9, 2003
    Location,...
    Came home tonight to find a serious problem with the TiVo box.
    60 hr series 2, just over 3 years old.

Symptoms: no audio or video to TV (black screen), plus the usual green light isn't on, instead it seems like all of the LEDs are illuminated, giving a general yellowish tint to both the left and right ones.

Tried unplugging and powering up - same story. No boot cycle, nothing. Just instant black screen, no other activity.

I am hoping this is only a finally dead HD (aarrggh), and not something more serious.

Has anyone any knowledge of what I may be facing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Now off to watch regular TV. With commercials. During its actual broadcast.
    Oh, the humanity!

xix

2. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    It sounds like a bad power supply. You might want to check with Weaknees about debugging and replacement.

3. BKent74

BKent74 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    San Jose, Ca
    I'm having the same problem today...I called TiVo to ask about it and they are offering to swap out my 60-hour TiVo for the same or better for $149, and they will transfer the lifetime sub to the new box. What do you think? Good deal?

Brian

4. cbsmatt

cbsmatt New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    If all your LEDs are lit, you probably have the bad power supply. Read the thread in this forum entitled "Strange Problem"...

5. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Doesn't sound like a good deal to me since you'll get some used, beat up refurb they patched back together.

6. HoosierTivoDaddy

HoosierTivoDaddy New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Northern IN
    I had the exact same problem on a TCD140060. Ordered a new power supply from Weaknees and the problem was fixed! It's the power supply.