DCX525e replacement

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by papitohead, Feb 7, 2018.

1. papitohead

papitohead New Member

Feb 7, 2018

Advertisements

I live in Puerto Rico and have Liberty cable. Today I went to their office and asked about having an extra box in a bedroom and told me I have to pay a monthly fee to have one. This was just a plain little Arris DCX525e which is the same and only one I have in the house for my wife to watch. I would like to get one for me in my bedroom and since I was going to make the move, whynot get something better that I can record a game while not being home. I would like to know what box would work here. I am not looking to pirate, but just to get the basic channels I get with the other little Arris box. Also would like to know if I get one, will the cable company have to activate or if it is not necessary.

I do apologize if I posted in the wrong forum because this is my first.

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    do they even have cable cards? if it's like the us cable companies they only rent one model of equipment or cable card

3. papitohead

papitohead New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    The one small one which is no recorder at all does not have a card at all.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I think he's asking does your cable company supply CableCards so you could possibly use a TiVo if they have guide support for your cable company.

Scott

5. papitohead

papitohead New Member

Feb 7, 2018

Advertisements

Ok, will check on Monday.I just don't want to buy a box and then they will charge me rent for it even being mine.

6. ajwees41

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    they might be like us cable and only authorize theboxes if they supply hem meaning they would not authorize a box if a customer buys it even if the same model as they use

papitohead likes this.
  7. papitohead

papitohead New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    You are right ajwees41. I was able to cantact them today and said I have to use theirs and pay the monthly fee. I am already paying $83.oo for their service and this will push it higher. I will hardly use it but wanted to have it in the bedroom just in case because two years ago I was in a accident and was restricted to a wheel chair and a lot of bet time.

Is there a way one can get a box and program it or whatever???

8. ajwees41

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    no but can't you just move the box or rent another one?