DC Crossover Pt 2. - The Flash S03E08 "Invasion" (11/29/16)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by morac, Nov 29, 2016.

1. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

I enjoyed part 1 (2 if you count Supergirl episode) of the crossover. It wasn't what I thought it would be, which is a good thing.

If you don't watch all three shows there will be some confusion as some of the dangling plot threads from the other two shows (especially Legends) were resolved in the Flash episode, but that's been the case anyway from time to time. I'm assuming the same thing will happen in the other two crossover episodes.

One thing I will say is Supergirl was a lot stronger in this episode then she is in her own series where she's routinely beaten up by cyborgs, other aliens, humans with alien guns and other adversaries she should easily crush. She was much more "super" in the Flash episode able to take out all the heroes in training without breaking a sweat let alone moving.

2. rloper

rloper Is there an answer?

Mar 25, 2002
    Texas
    I liked it. Looking forward to the next 2 parts.

Favorite banter was Supergirl and Heat Wave.

Does anyone else think Doctor Who when they see an episode titled "Invasion..."?

3. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Oh I nearly forgot, they showed the future Hall of Justice which was pretty cool.

4. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Where were Steel and Vixen? They were in the ads so I am guessing they will show up later. Same thing with the rest of Team Arrow I would assume.

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

Sarah had a line that stated that Nate and Amaya were minding the Waverider.

I expect that Ragman, Artemis, Terrific, and Wild Dog will show up tomorrow on Arrow.

6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Oh, plus Kara (and Kal) are from Earth 38.

7. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Just how many Earths are there?

8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, you just knew he wouldn't be calling her "skirt" when he got into a jam.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Iris, shut up and go away during this cross over.

Cisco, stop whining. I'm tired of your attitude too.

I'm really not liking the new, useless Wells so far this season. I'd hope he goes away but he's going to train Wally and I want Wally to be Flash's sidekick.

Supergirl is as fast as Flash? As mentioned in the OP, Supergirl's speed and power seem diminished on her show/earth as compared to this crossover show/earth.

I don't think I'll ever get the hang of the DC cities other than Gotham and Metropolis. Supergirl is National City, Flash is Central City, Arrow is Star City?

10. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    At least 38.

Theoretically, they should be infinite.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But wouldn't that lead to some kind of crisis?

allan likes this.
  12. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    I don't mind them showing how much the struggle of the heroes have to endure during the fight, but then I find it disingenuous for them to have Speedster Wally easily defeat them.

Either it should happen all the time with speedsters (evil ones included), or show some other way to resolve the conflict.

13. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I see what you did there.
    ;)

14. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Sure, in theory, but I didn't know how many were actually realized in the comics.

15. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Is the Flash in this ep the same one we see every week? I thought that Flash and Cisco agreed to be civil, and Cisco wasn't a whiny baby.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    In the comics it used to be infinite, but now it's 52 (at least, I think it still is).
    I'm pretty sure he's been a whiny baby ever since he found out his brother didn't die before Flashpoint...

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Legends Of Tomorrow is much better without Rip Hunter. Did Arthur Darvill find a better gig or was he the victim of budget cuts? Much better without the Hawks too.

18. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Did we ever see his brother before Flashpoint, or was he invented just so Vibe could be mad at Barry and mope all the time?

19. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    There was a bit of a goof in the episode last night. The future newspaper listed the "Star City" as "Starling City", which is what they originally called "Star City" on Arrow. The producers said they "Star City" sounded "a little science-fictiony", so they named the city "Starling City" to keep the "grounded". Once Flash and all the other series joined the scene there was no point, so they renamed it to "Star City".

Granted this is the same photo of the newspaper before the city was renamed to "Star City", but it just seems wrong to me that the city was renamed back to "Starling City" in the future.

20. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Cisco's brother was in an episode or two in a previous season. I can understand Cisco being mad at Barry, though like someone said in another episode, Cisco's brother died during the 2 months that Flashpoint was occurring (after Barry reset the timeline). There's no way of knowing whether he would have died or not since Barry didn't go back to the moment he left. The same thing with Snow's cold powers.

The only for certain change was Diggle's daughter changing into a son. Which leads me to Diggle's reaction. Why was he so pissed? Yes he used to have a daughter, but it's not like he lost a child. He just has a son now. Unless he really really wanted a daughter instead.