1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC Crossover "Elseworlds" - Starts Sunday (9-Nov-2018)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtle, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:27 AM.

1. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    I know that the DC shows no longer generate any buzz here. I, myself, has reduce my watching to only "Flash".

The crossover will only involve "Flash", "Arrow", and "Supergirl". "Legends of Tomorrow" won't be around this time.

Character introductions will include Batgirl and Lois Lane. Also, many of the baddies will be back, not necessary as their old characters.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Batwoman, not Batgirl

I'm still watching the CW DC superhero shows. Unfortunately, Oliver Queenn is the worst part of Arrow and Legends Of Tomorrow is so dumb that I watch it every week just to see how dumb it gets. It's a fun dumb, though.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I love Legends of Tomorrow. It's bat#*!% crazy, in the best possible way. This season, it's starting to feel a little self-consciously goofy, but I'm still in.

4. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Really looking forward to Elseworlds. Love it in comic book form and want to see what they do with it on the shows.

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I watch all of them just to keep the story lines coherent. I like Legends of Tomorrow because they don't take themselves seriously like the other shows. It's silly at times, but just quirky fun. It's nice to finally see some humor injected into the otherwise dark DC Universe.

Arrow has kinda gone off the rails. Flash is getting a little long in the tooth. I also watch Black Lightning, but it's a bit hokey. I love how they think that the silly little masks they wear will actually fool anyone into hiding their true identities. That seems to be the norm for a lot of DC characters.

The worst part is that DC isn't even trying to tie the TV shows into the movie characters. They use different actors and even different story lines. The TV Flash and the movie Flash are two entirely different characters with different backgrounds. That's just stupid.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 11:52 AM
  6. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I only watch Supergirl but I do watch the crossovers. I should really watch Arrow because he is very cute. :)

7. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Supergirl and Legends are the two I watched. I stopped watching the Flash when he constantly acted stupid to further the plot.

Tho Supergirl is kind of depressing this season...

8. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Active Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Sometimes (not often), Arrow cracks me up.

There was a scene a few seasons ago, when Oliver was hiding something from Felicity.
    Then she found out he told someone else on the team. And he had an excuse.
    Then someone else on the team. And he had an excuse.
    ... and on and on until Malcolm Merlin. And she was like "Oh, COME ON!?!?!"

Similar one recently: (paraphrasing)
    Someone: Felicity, how could you be working with Black Siren?
    Black Siren: Um... standing right here.
    Someone else: We need all hands on deck... except people from another Earth.
    Black Siren: Again... standing right here.

Runner up: (not sure if it was the Arrow episode of the crossover) (paraphrasing)
    Master strategist/tactician Green Arrow: This alien invasion is the biggest threat to our existence. We need all the help we can get. Supergirl, you sit this one out.

Not sure what to make of Elseworlds. Some interesting stories, some phoning it in. But I thought the consistent thing with the Elseworlds brand was "This is not canon."

9. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    OP - I think you meant "Dec" in your thread title?

10. NEOhero

NEOhero New Member

Sep 14, 2018
    For me, I only watch Black Lightning (literally the only CW show I've watched since 2009). I haven't really watched the Arrow-verse shows, so at this point, I'm going to be lost.

11. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Since elseworlds is not real, you won’t be.

12. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    For this crossover the showtimes are switched around a bit... Flash is on Sunday, Arrow on Monday (regular slot I think) and Supergirl is on Tuesday.

worachj likes this.
  13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    For last year's crossover, there was no hint as to which "show" you were watching...it was really just four episodes of Crisis on Earth X. I think they just randomly assigned episodes to the various shows for budget purposes. Dunno if this year will be different...although the fact they they feel the need to rearrange them suggests it will be!

14. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    My problem with Flash is they're just so darned incompetent. Every new villain they have, they develop a plan to deal with, and it goes to complete crap. Last season the big bad spent most of his time trying to tell them he was 15 steps ahead of them, so it shouldn't come as a surprise, but this whole
    "disable the dagger, vibe the dagger out of range, HA HA it wasn't out of range!!!" thing
    is just stupid. It's getting to the point where there's so many speedsters I'm just waiting for the episode where they defeat the bad guy by throwing a banana peel into the street.

I dunno, but I might just have to join the TVDCU is done for me camp. I never got into the Arrow. Flash is getting stupid. Supergirl is getting racist (if I wanted to see ignorant racists, I'd watch the news thank you). That leaves LoT, which I'm just watching for the sheer camp of it all, although I admit I'm a bit interested to see how the Neron thing plays out, that comic arc had some good points.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The big problem I've had with Arrow and Flash lately is Omnipotent Villain Syndrome. Where the Big Bad is so awesome he simply cannot be defeated...until he needs to be, at which point either he does something uncharacteristically stupid that allows Our Heroes to win, or some Deus ex Machina emerges that allow them to overcome his sheer awesomeness.

I thought Arrow had
    FINALLY gotten rid of Ricardo Diaz, but it looks like they just can't let him go.

Legends, thankfully, doesn't really suffer from this (one could argue Damien Darhk qualified, but he wasn't omnipresent enough to become as annoying as the other shows' Big Bads, and they've gotten away from that style of writing altogether).

16. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Currently 2 speedsters. Is that too many for you?

17. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    It appears you've not seen the most recent episode. I won't spoil it for you.

18. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I guess you missed last week's episode? (stile99 posted while I was composing my reply.)

Since the show includes time travel, any speedster that ever showed up can (and probably will) show up again.

19. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    C'mon. That's one episode. As regular characters there are only 2 speedsters.

Rob Helmerichs likes this.
  20. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Agreed. Last week was sort of a clip show without clips.