Daytona 500 6-hour rain delay

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by justen_m, Feb 14, 2021.

1. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID

Advertisements

So this wiped out the entire FOX evening lineup. First a huge crash early in the race, then a lightning delay, then a rain delay. That's 6 hours!!!

from Daytona pole-winner Bowman in 16-car pileup

dalesd likes this.
  2. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    My Roamio claims to have recorded the Fox shows I watch, so this means I have to double check those episodes in future weeks.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    They couldn't change the schedule as there was a chance up until the last minute that the race would be postponed until Monday and the shows aired as scheduled.

The schedule hasn't been updated yet, but reportedly, the shows scheduled for 2/14 will air on 2/21.
    And the Pacific time zone cities did record Family Guy - sort of; it recorded a repeat of "La Famiglia Guy" joined in progress about halfway through.

mattack and dalesd like this.
  4. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    What shows aired as scheduled? I fast-forwarded through everything after manually saying to record the whole night, and it was all racing. Not that I wouldn't have watched that but my Roamio was full and there's no room on the Bolt either.

5. Mr Tony

Mr Tony formerly known as "unclehonkey"

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN

Advertisements

none. The race and post race didnt get over until 11:45ish central time

Pacific time would have had 15 minutes to fill and as noted above was a rerun

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I was wondering what happened when I set out to watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc, from that night and all 4 of the recordings were a car race, instead. :( I wonder if they will re-air those episodes.

7. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I read it again. "There was a chance ... the race would be postponed ... and the shows aired as scheduled."

mattack likes this.
  8. Mr Tony

Mr Tony formerly known as "unclehonkey"

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    But it wasn’t postponed. It was just delayed. Fox started at noon (cst) with nascar pre-race and signed off almost 12 hours later.

9. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I said there was a chance. I was explaining why I misread the post and thought some areas had the regular shows.

mattack likes this.
  10. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Yes - Fox has announced that all of the shows scheduled to air on 2/14 will air on 2/21. Since TiVo thinks that those episodes all aired on 2/14, presumably everybody who doesn't have a show set to record all episodes including duplicates who normally records any of them won't have them set.

dalesd and sharkster like this.
  11. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thank You! :) I'll give it a look-see to make sure I get them recorded.

ETA - it looks like each show is recording, with an OAD of 2/21 but I cannot recall the synopses of the episodes that were from 2/14, so I guess I'll hope for the best.

12. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Usually, but not always, when there is a complete, national reset of programming like this, TiVo updates their guide to make the new showings record, even though it thinks it already recorded them. It's one of the few things TiVo still does well.

13. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    ...which it did. Well, except for one show, which I will mention in a separate thread so people catch it.

astrohip likes this.
  14. dalesd

dalesd Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Massachusetts
    What show is that?

15. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Bless the Harts, although the listing has been fixed so this won't be a problem either. (Originally, it had a "first aired date" of 1/3, as it was originally scheduled to air that date before Fox replaced it with another show, but it now shows a first aired date of 2/21.)

dalesd likes this.