Dateline :: To Catch an ID Thief

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mgk, Jul 22, 2007.

1. mgk

mgk New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    South Carolina

Advertisements

Are people really this stupid?

I mean they almost deserve it.

Either way its still good stuff to watch imo. Whenever i watch one of these it keeps me glued to the TV.

Even the Scammer in Switzerland you would think if there was a chance to scam $200,000 you would get your pitch down better.

2. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I wonder if Doris, er, uh, Ruth, just went and bought some random gadget at the store to bring to the meeting, claiming it was something she was going to market herself.

3. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Although I did not watch the whole show I also get sucked right into these.
    I think its funny when I see some old man thinking he is engaged to some 20 year old beauty because he has helped "her" get some electronics from the states. You know the guy is full of it and just plays along like he believed himself.

4. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I couldn't figure out if the woman in the house was his wife or not. I mean, did he plan on becoming a polygamist with Wendy?

5. Head

Head New Member

Sep 3, 2002

Advertisements

I was upset that, after 2 hours, we had no "payoff" at the end. :( It was kind of a waste of time, IMO.

For the record, I also agree these people are incredibly stupid.

6. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    I also felt it was a let down and they repeated a lot of things over and over. In contrast to the predator shows, which are fast paced and have that righteousness when the perps get arrested.