Dark S3E03 "Adam and Eve" (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by wprager, Jun 27, 2020.

1. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Starting E03. Will edit to add contents later.

OK, just finished E03. I don't get what happened. But here are some notes:

- the priest at the graveyard *was* Peter
    - I mistook Charlotte's concern for Aleksander as an indication they had a thing; clearly "How are you" was in reference to Regina dying; Hannah says the same to him later
    - old Tannhaus as a young boy (same milky eyes) riding in a carriage with his father (?) who has a pocket watch engraved "For Charlotte"
    - from later on in the story we find out that the older Tannhaus was grieving over his dead wife (Charlotte?) trying to go back in time to prevent her dying (this is the genesys of Sic Mundus)
    - is this where baby Charlotte disappeared to? Could she not only be her mother's mother, but also her grandfather's great-great-something as well?
    - anyhow old Tannhaus riding in similar carriage gets stopped and killed by the Triplets
    - Hannah totally smelled Charlotte when she hugged her -- that confirmed who Ulrich was having an affair with (later she asks Aleksander to "destroy" her)
    - old Matha has a cryptic talk with Jonas and sends him on some kind of mission, then the Triplets show up, bearing gifts
    - apparently they've been working for old Martha and they bring her the notebook, some black folder and the watch -- the black folder has the schematics and keys for the powerplant control module
    ***** The middle-aged triplet has the split lip on the other side!
    - if this is a continuity error it's a huge one (went back to E01 to confirm -- lip split was on their left, now it's on his right)
    - if it's not a continuity error it's probably an indication of what happens when you cross over to the "mirror" world (recall that old Martha is with Jonas in the alt universe whereas the Triplets have been garroting and burning in the original one)
    - Martha gives Stranger Jonas her "last" power cell thingy to prove she can be trusted; I immediately thought she wouldn't be that stupid, so she must be lying
    - sure enough, she's got at least 2 more and goes to the 2050s (original world?) to chat with Adam!
    - meanwhile Jonas takes alt Martha through the caves to the 2050s (alt world) and they meet older Martha

OK, I'm thoroughly confused.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Man, this show is a full-time job.

Literally.

(Eight hours!) :D

3. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    So Jonas becomes Adam and alt-Martha becomes Eve. We have Hannah pregnant in the alt world (I thought she was a little old in the context of her and Egon in the 50s, but now that alt-Hannah preggers I am fairly confident that Hannah and Egon will be getting a bundle of joy, too). OK, whose mothers/fathers will these babies become?

4. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    When Killian tells Martha that she was only seeing him to piss off her family, she didn't even try to deny it.

5. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Thank you for these updates.

I'm confused too, but in a good way.

It's amazing the way they intertwine universes.

6. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    That is all given in the family tree from episode 2. Hannah and Egon produce Silja (the interpreter for Elisabeth in the future). Silja and Bartosz meet somehow and they birth Hanno and Agnes. Agnes mates with the unknown rectangle to produce Tronte. Tronte has children with both Claudia and Jana. Note that Tronte and Hanno have two rectangles each (on each side).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020 at 12:05 AM
  7. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    My head is spinning. I won't ever be able to completely grasp the complexities of this.

8. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    That is a little bizarre. Hannah (original world) produced children with both Mikkel and Egon, but she had only one rectangle. So does that mean there were actually *two* Trontes and Hannos on both sides?

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Without giving too much away, it eventually becomes clear that you're misinterpreting the infinity symbol...

10. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    No, it is just done so there are no extra long, meandering lines running between the rectangles.

11. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    That is a spoiler that does not belong in a S3E03 thread. Or at least it should be wrapped in spoiler tags.