Dark Blue

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002

Advertisements

Anyone looking forward to this one?

I need a new show to watch.

2. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    I am going to give the first two episodes a try.

3. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006
    Ew, No! Can we please stop with the Cop shows(I think we've just about exhausted this genre about now)

4. tewcewl

tewcewl New Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Has anyone seen the movie that this show is based on? It stars Kurt Russell and is amazing. I highly recommend it.

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

I am looking forward to it, just to see Dylan McDermott.

6. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    +1

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I wasn't aware it was based on that movie. It looks like a weak TV show but I might give it a shot despite recent TNT crapola (Jada Pinkett Smith like you've NEVER SEEN HER BEFORE... "blah blah blah I'm a sassy nurse")

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'll be giving it a chance.

If any genre needs to be exhausted it's the so called "reality" shows.

9. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I've always found Dylan McDermott a one note actor.... too dour, too serious, always over acting. We'll probably watch the first episode just to see what it's about, but I don't have high hopes.

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    + me

11. Rainy Dave

Rainy Dave Regulated User

Nov 11, 2001
    Tri-Cities
    +2

12. tewcewl

tewcewl New Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Sigh... I guess I made an oops. In an interview with TV Guide, Dylan McDermott talks about the show and it is nothing at all related to the movie. It's all about the psychological implications of being a cop that's deep undercover.

Still, they should've titled it something else so people like us and my wife wouldn't make the connection.

13. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I never made such a connection. No need to have a different title for me. :shrug:

14. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Watched it last night after leverage ( MUCH better show) Since this isn't the episode thread I won't mention spoilers.How deep undercover can they go if it's gonna be a story of the week kind of show? Would of been a cool twist to the everyday cop shows if they carried out the sting all season long.

Will keep it for now, but I just hope it gets better.

15. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The LA Times review wondered the same thing.

16. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    The plot is predictable, the dialog is predictable (I swear there were 2 times during the episode where I said the line before the character did - THAT is how predictable it is!), the acting is predictable - there is just nothing new or fresh or interesting about this show. And the premise as they set it up does NOT work. It would have been better as more of an "arc" show where is was a full season going deep undercover on one case.

I'm done.

17. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    Well, I like the show a lot! A tiny twist on the usual CBS police shows we're bombarded with all the time. Certainly something to watch during the summer since the OTA networks are all running "reality" crap.

I never watched X-Files, so I'm not that familiar with McDermitt's work. I think he's very good on this and the other three characters are growing on me. "Dean" is certainly a complex character comparing his storyline of the first episode with this week's (3rd week).

My husband hasn't said a word one way or another, but doesn't tell me to turn it off, so I'm assuming he's enjoying it as well.

To me, it seems similar to the movie - I mean wasn't it about being on the "dark" side of police work with their undercover assignment - deep cover.

I hope TNT keeps the show. Certainly better than the Closer - I can't even stand to see the commercials for that because of Sedgwyck's horrible fake accent.

Cheryl

18. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    x-files? McDermott was on "Boston Legal"

19. tward_biteme1

tward_biteme1 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Maryland, USA.
    Nope, he was on "The Practice"... "Boston Legal" was a spin-off from "The Practice", but I don't believe he ever showed up on "Boston Legal"....

20. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    Shows you I never watched any of those shows either. :rolleyes:

I always get him and Mulroney mixed up...Was he the one on X-Files?

Cheryl