Dang it phone camera take the right color lol

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tobashadow, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006

Advertisements

I 3D printed these covers off in Gunmetal Grey. I took a photo of them to show my brother with my Galaxy S8 so it's not exactly a crappy phone and got this...

[​IMG]

Default Auto settings in phone, no flash.

Then I picked it up off the table and held it in my hand and took this picture which is the correct color.

[​IMG]

Got to love modern technology lol

And what's sad is I've tried to find filament in the exact color in the first photo off and on over the past three months lol.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Auto white balance. Your phone does the best it can, but it isn’t as smart as the human eye/brain. The background color throws it off. When this happens to me I adjust in a photo editor.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Cool. Now please 3D print an upgrade/replacement case for the TiVo BOLT that allows a 3.5" hard drive and improved cooling. ;)

jrtroo, mrsean and JoeKustra like this.
  4. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    I can't seem to get the search working to find it, but wasn't there someone around here who was working on sticking bolt innards in a Premiere case? Wonder how that wound up going.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

One of the posts in the thread I linked demo's an effort to move the BOLT guts into a basic Roamio.