Dancing with the stars RESULTS 5/15 (here be spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by murgatroyd, May 16, 2007.

1. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA

Advertisements

So it's bye-bye to Ian.

At the risk of sounding like a busted record: I think it's between Joey and Apolo. Ian never wowed me, so I can't get bent out of shape about him going home, but I still can't see what the big hoo-hah about Laila is about.

Announced on tonight's show: Len Goodman's DVD, apparently done in 2006 in the UK, finally out in the US this week.

[hijack]
    Also, in my To-Do List: the first installment of the new season of So You Think You Can Dance.

Ballroom fans, if you haven't seen this show, you MUST watch, if for no other reason to see Alex Da Silva's choreography for the mambo numbers.

The gimmick is they recruit trained dancers, pair them up, and put them with choreographers -- mixing up the styles so that the dancers aren't necessarily dancing in the style they were trained in.

Most of the other dancers quickly discover that ballroom is harder than they thought it would be. :D

And if you watch the audition rounds, watch out for the guys from the Sick Step Crew.

Pretty cool of Fox to bring this back just as DwtS is winding down. :D

There may be auditions spoilers on the bio page, but the website is at www.fox.com/dance.
    [/hijack]

Jan

2. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Well, it seemed for a while that Ian and Chery were just off the pace set by the other 3 so it is not surprising that they are gone now.

3. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm happy with the results.

4. pick-me-up

pick-me-up New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    ditto

and for as lame as it is....Enrique did a pretty nice job. Usually the musical guests on DWTS sound horrid.

Ali is next to go (or should be)

5. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ

Advertisements

It was good to see Edyta again! ;)

6. stargazer21

stargazer21 Active Member

May 22, 2002
    Hockey...
    You know I'm pumped for this to start again. :up:

7. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The viewers got it right! :)

Now on to the finals ... I like Laila, but I think she'll come in third, leaving Apolo and Joey to hoof it out for the trophy. I'm rooting for Apolo to take the top spot.

8. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I liked Ian and I was sorry to see him go, but of the remaining contestants he was the weakest.

Enrique really looked like he was lip syncing on his second song.

I'm also looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance. I actually like it better than DWtS.

9. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    I agree with all of the above. It was Ian's time to go, although I did like him. I think Leila should go next as well, leaving Joey and Apolo...still haven't decided which I want to win. Probably Joey for the personality that he adds to the dances. He's just a blast to watch.

10. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I also noticed Enrique appeared to lip sync the second song and I only saw 20 seconds of it as we usually FF through 75% of the results show.

11. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I've been rooting for Julianne and Kym for weeks now, but yeah, I was sad to see Edyta go when she did (and I agree it was good to see her again). :)

12. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Next week is going to be a *****.

The results show on Tuesday conflicts with 2 hours of Veronica Mars AND my fave show, NCIS.

I need another tuner. :(

Jan