Dancing with the Stars - Final Results Show - 05/22/2007

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by drew2k, May 22, 2007.

1. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

Well, I'm happy. It looks like the two votes for Apolo that finally got through went to good use. :)

And I have to say ... Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo have cracked me up all season. Len: "I'm British." :p

2. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Ah, insomnia!

I've been working on a spreadsheet... la la la la la

If you add up all the scores for the entire season, here's what the scoreboard looks like:
    Out of a possible maximum score of 450 (15 dances) the judges' scores for our three finalists:

413 Apolo and Julianne [9.18]
    412 Joey and Kym [9.16]
    405 Laila and Maksim [9.00]

Broken down individually, Joey and Kym earned the top place with Carrie Ann, with an aggregate score of 139, judge's average of 9.27, over Apolo and Julianne's 137 / 9.13. (Laila earned 135 / 9.0.) Ditto for Len, but it's even closer, with 135 / 9.00 for Joey and Kym vs. 134 / 8.93 for Apolo and Julianne (can you say squeaker?) and 133 / 8.87 for Laila and Maks.

Apolo and Julianne were Bruno's top pick, with 142 points / 9.47 versus
    138 / 9.20 for Joey and Kym, and 137 / 9.13 for Laila and Maks.

The rest of the board looks like this:

298 Ian and Cheryl (12 / max 360) [8.28]
    190 Billy Ray and Karina (10 / max 300) [6.33]
    156 John and Edyta (8 / max 240) [6.50]
    133 Heather and Jonathan (6 / max 180) [7.39]
    78 Clyde and Elena (5 / max 150) [5.20]
    76 Leeza and Tony (4 / max 120 [6.33]
    60 Shandi and Brian (3 / max 90) [6.67]
    40 Paulina and Alec (2 / max 60) [6.67]

That's assuming, of course, that I didn't make a transcription error or screw up any of the formulas....

As far as I was concerned, it was between Joey and Apolo all season long. I was voting like crazy for Joey, but I'm happy for Apolo and Julianne. She turned in some fabulous choreography all season long, and the two of them had great chemistry together. Nothing to complain about here, it was basically a coin flip as to which one would win.

Jan

3. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Thankfully Laila lost. I never understood how the judges found her bulky, sleepy moves appealing.

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I think it finished out exactly the way it should have.

5. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC

Advertisements

OMG, are you sure DSwallow has not taken over your account. ;) :p

Thanks for posting this though it is interesting and shows that America got it right, though it was mighty close.

6. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Very interesting stats. Only a few deviations between popularity (People) and technical skills (Judges).

Would be interesting to compare all the years. For example the first year when Kelly and everybody was in an uproar. Or Jerry Rice advancing past Staci Keibler.

7. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I am so glad Apollo and Julianne won!

If Joey had been a little more original as Apollo was in the freestyle, they may have tipped the scales in their favor.

8. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm happy enough with the outcome.

Leila....get over it!

I loved seeing the show in all the other countries....loved that the set was almost exactly the same in every country!

9. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Personally, Laila was my favorite, more for personality than anything else. Technically, Apolo was the best dancer of the bunch.

10. TR7spyder

TR7spyder New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Mass
    After last season, I was afraid this show turned into a popularity contest (Mario (sp?) got screwed last season). But this season, the votes were right on!

Also, did anyone else think that Joey was a bit of a ringer in this competition? As far as boy-bands go, INSINK was one of the better dancing groups! I know that hip-hop is not ball-room, but still, he had prior professional DANCING experience! And they did manage put a lot of hip-hop moves into their dances.

11. ced6

ced6 kharmawesome expert

Jul 30, 2003
    Morgantown, WV
    My God - Joey was in a boy group - and he wasn't even the most well-known member of that boy group. Let the poor man use whatever talent he has to milk a little more out of his 15 minutes :D :) :D

12. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    I've been dying to read somewhere that Apolo and Julianne are "an item". They are just toooooooo cute together!

But I read that she's engaged to another dancer. :(

I'm glad Apolo won. But if it had gone the other way I would have been happy. Joey was just as deserving.

13. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Well done Jan! My Wife and I were wondering this very thing last night. Looks like America and the Judges agree. Did you happen to do a breakdown like this with the Emmett and Mario season? I still think America got it WRONG on that one :D

I'm happy overall. At least they both deserved to win and were fairly close. I do think Joey was a better dancer overall, but Apolo made up for it with drive and enthusiasm. Plus, I've been a fan since the Winter Olympics... :rolleyes:

14. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    my hr10-250 short recorded so missed the last 13 minutes. had to come here to see who won :). cool julianne and apollo won. it was a very entertaining season.

15. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Man was it painful to watch Clyde Drexler again...not to mention Shandi Finnessey!!

16. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    My browser went to iwon.com (my home page) when I logged on at 1030pm last night, and there was a damn headline proclaiming that Apolo had won (the overused "Oh yes, it's Ohno!" line). Thanks for spoiling it for me, you bastages.

I was happy with the final three. I would have been a bit disappointed if Leila had won, because (as was shown in the freestyle) Max can't pick her up very well and that really limits her "showing off". As the judges said, she can do stuff the other two can't do, but they can do a LOT more than she can. She was definitely 3rd place, tho. I wanted Joey, as I can relate to him, but I'm satisfied that Apolo won. Both of them are incredible dancers for not being professionals.

17. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's nearly impossible to avoid spoilers living on the west coast. The shows haven't even aired here before the results are plastered over the web. Some local radio stations even announce the winners before the show airs here. I need to go to full media blackout if I want to maintain any level of surprise.

18. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Not to mention Leesa!

19. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Wasn't the uproar mainly over a number of people saying John did much better than Kelly in the finale, but it turns out that the final round had no effect on the result (since there were only two couples in the finale, they used the previous week's votes as the audience score (rather than have separate results shows - I think it was because somebody thought it would look too much like an American Idol ripoff if they had them), and the tiebreaker was the better audience rank, so with only two couples, the better audience rank - based on the previous week's dances - decided the winner)?

(Speaking of the first season, why do I have the feeling that the reason there has never been a "Tournament of Champions" or a "World Idol"-style dance-off (although Europe is starting one this year) is because it would restart the whole "What's John doing here - Kelly was the winner" "Yeah, but in the dance-off where the audience actually got to compare the two, John won" "No, but that doesn't make him a DWTS season winner" "Yeah but, no but, yeah but, what is this, Little Britain?")

-- Don

20. TracyMiller

TracyMiller New Member

May 12, 2004
    Kingsport, TN
    Shandi and Paulina were much better than Clyde and Billy Ray. It's too bad we had to watch about seven weeks of BRC at the expense of either of those two ladies. Leeza was pretty bad, though.

But in general, the top four finished right where I had them pegged as to dancing ability. That part is encouraging.

But three straight seasons now without a celeb lady in the top two. I really hope the producers can get some women who can dance soon (and that people will vote for!). Even Stacey Keibler, a beauty who could dance, finished behind Jerry Rice!