Dancing with the Stars DWTS Season 29 (2020) - All Season Thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Conversation started in the pre-season thread... Creating a formal thread for season 29...

Talk amongst yourselves (and yes...me too!).

Not "feeling it" with the applause track and the lack of a live audience... Also not loving Tyra Banks as host... I'll keep watching and give her the benefit of the doubt that there will be some growing pains...

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Tyra hosted America's Got Talent for I think just 1 season and was dreadful at it. Don't expect anything better here. Then again Tom Bergeron as host is very tough act to follow. Without Len as a judge it's never the same, but at least Derek is there instead of his sister who I did not like on the judging panel - she was fine as a dancer/pro but not a judge.
    I've watched this show since season 1 and even attended live once, but it's getting harder to keep my interest, especially without Len and Tom.

osu1991 likes this.
  3. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I didn’t realize I had it set to record on Plex, so I scanned through it, since I had removed it from the TiVo’s schedule. Didn’t care for it with Tyra and the fake crowd audio didn’t seem to be used that well either. I doubt I watch anymore. I’ll leave it on Plex to scan through if something newsworthy happens.

4. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I applaud all of the celebs... they really really tried. But Carole and the basketball player are just dreadful.

Still don't know who some of these celebs are, even after the main introduction package. :)

Tyra... ugh. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt at the start. Frankly I thought she was better in the second hour than the first. But still no Bergeron/Andrews.

5. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

Advertisements

Never watched before, but had to watch cuz of Tiger Lady.

I thought they were all pretty good, but what do I know about dancing.

Tiger lady was the worst of the bunch.

But still give her props for well,, not falling down

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk