Dancing with the Stars - 9/25/2007 - Season 5 Premiere

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by kdelande, Sep 25, 2007.

1. kdelande

kdelande TiVo-Wobble

Dec 17, 2001
    Louisville,...

Advertisements

Wow, that girl from the Cheetah Girls was outstanding!

Once again, the model fails to excite, just like Paulina Poriskova last season.

All in all, not a bad start. I love Marie Osmond's spunk and she looked fantastic!

Looking forward to the men dancing tonight!

KD

2. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I didn't watch it (have no TV right now), but I really want to see Mark Cuban dance... they say he's pretty good, I just can't see it though. :D

Jennie Garth looked good in pictures... did she look good on TV? :)

3. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I'm not really a fan of the show, but I'm waiting to see Mark Cuban dance tonight too :)

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    It looks to be a fine season!
    Cheeto girl may have been good, but that refusal to stick to the dance in question is not going to sit well for long. They gave her a pass last night but Len is going to get cranky soon. And her personality is a bit IN MY FACE and that annoys me very quickly. Too much perk.

Poor Alec and his wet noodle of a partner! Poor girl has no core muscles at all.

Marie was very good at "selling it"- I guess it's her million years of stage experience. She looked like she was having a blast as did Jane Seymour. Except for noodle girl I thought they all showed surprising composure and lack of nerves.

The guys sure have some fine dancing to do tonight to match! Unless one of them tanks really badly I'd say noodle girl is gone.

5. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

My wife and I were completely amazed by Cheeto. Great job.

I too thought Dr. Quinn was quite graceful and did a really good job. Marie Osmond too, and I guess that is because she is "a little bit country". ;)

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Dr. Quinn...very graceful... Seemed to float...

Cheeto... I agree...lots of energy, but will get hit on technicals quickly if she is not willing to give up her comfort zone...

Don't really want to see anyone go, except for the model (who I have never heard of before)... Everyone else deserves to move on!

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    wow . . they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel w/ these "stars".

8. UBUBUB

UBUBUB New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Surprise, surprise, the Cheetah Girl can dance. Just like last year, surprise, surprise, the former N'Sync-er can dance. And just like last year, will the Cheetah Girl fail to go beyond her well-rehearsed, hip-hop moves, just as Joey Fatone refused to stop doing his little boy-band moves and just dance.

9. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Better than most of the similar shows I'd say... I'd count most of these guys as bona fide stars.

10. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Well, Marie Osmond has a history of dancing and performing...as does the former Spice Girl. I don't think its fair that they cast these kind of people though.

11. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I would also ask the question: "Would rather see somebody that can dance or somebody that can't?"

It was more fun to watch a good unknown than a train wreck.

12. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I about died when Marie Osmond said "of the 26 million people watching the show 22 million were Osmond's".

13. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Loved the model's professional partner's comment, "She's deceptively unfit.":)

I was not impressed with Maria at all, she must be at least thirty lbs over weight. I thought she was acting immature and childish in the rehearsal sequences.

Love Derek Hough (Julianne's brother) who is Jennie's partner.

So how does the voting work? If I voted last night for Jennie, now I can vote tonight for one of the males, how many couples get eliminated on Wednesday? A male celeb and a female celeb couple? Or just one couple, but the viewers got to vote two times?

14. UBUBUB

UBUBUB New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    I would also ask the question: "Would rather see somebody that can dance or somebody that can't?"

Past seasons have shown that the dancers who do the best with the judges are those that show consistent improvement, in spite of the fact he/she may have been dreadful at the beginning. So the answer is yes, I do watch this show and pick out dancers who show promise and chart their progress. Which is why I did not root for The Fat One (who danced exactly the same on Day 1 as the Finale) and will not root for the Cheetah Girl, UNLESS she actually starts DANCING instead of regurgitating her past theme-park performances.

15. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I agree about the improvement but some people demonstrate from day one they have something. I would also agree that it would be nice to see people try to do it right and not try to mix strange stuff in. My ears still sting from that awful Paso Doble music last year.

16. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Even the ones who were good on the first week improve, not just the poor performers.

17. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    My goodness... Wayne Newton was a horror show :eek:

But race-car-guy was suprisingly fun. :)

18. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    I missed this (the new fall season is too full of shows I want to check out to devote time to one show that runs multiple times per week), but I'm curious - how did Mark Cuban do?

19. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Average. Not bad, not great. HIs hips were fine but his footwork was a little messy. He has potential to improve but I don't think he pass the better ones.

The brazilian race car driver reminded me of Roberto Benigni with his sheer joy at doing it.

20. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    He enjoyed himself and he wasn't the worst. But he had a bad habit of half-singing along with the song, and the other half of the time he was "dancing with his tongue" as one of the judges said. :p

All the women pro dancers were hawt :D :up: