Dancing With The Stars 10/10/11 Performance Show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Oct 11, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Richard Simmons looked awful!
    I could have sworn there was some kind of edit during Nancy Grace's performance near the end. Her partner lifts her leg up and then immediately afterward a different angle shows her with both feet on the floor. Anyone else notice that?

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    The choreography that Derek Hough did for that Psycho theme was utterly brilliant. The key changes and the whole freakazoid nature of the "song" were so strange yet he didn't just compensate or work around it- he beat that piece of music into compliance by sheer force of effort. The musicality in the choreo actually improved the music IMO.
    All Ricki had to do was hang on and not get in the way.
    I am by no means a Derek fan but when he does pieces like this I have to give him credit.

3. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    Wow! :eek: That was pretty cool!

I wouldn't have thought it possible to dance to that song, but that just proved me oh so wrong!

4. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Not a trivial task, with music like this.

And it must have been tough learning the choreography, given that Derek was struggling to make it all work, and didn't have things settled as early in the week as he might have.

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I knew Len wasn't going to give Ricki a 10. His nitpick was to justify the 9.

I also felt giving Chyna 7s was unfair to the other contestants. I forget who got the same score, but they must be pissed. Well I guess I can freeze too and still score a 21!

Hope Solo was also very good, with J.R. a close third. Chaz has got to go. Those scores are so patronizing.

6. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Chyna was first out... so the judges don't know how the other contestants are going to do, comparatively. So they gave her middling 7s. If she'd done fine, it would be all 8's, and if she did great, it would be all 9's. They could have given her all 6s, but as they said, when she wasn't lost, she was really good. So 7s were appropriate.

Derek really is the master of choreography. He figures out how to do some really bizarre stuff, and do it well.

7. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Oh, no- not at all.
    I was hyperbolizing with gusto :D

And I just figured out why I enjoyed the show so much- no vocalists raping lyrics!

8. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    They did OK on the Flash Gordon theme... ;)

9. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    You just had to remind me...
    And Queen, at that :(

10. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for the Lake/Hough video! I don't watch the show anymore, but I kind of keep up on boards. This was magnificent!

11. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    WTH is Nancy Grace's problem with Tristan? :mad: He's HAWT and tries so hard to help her out!

She pulled a mean face when he visited her at her show and kissed her on the cheek-:confused: Tristan, if you want to come visit me at work, come on over!! :D:p;)