Dancing with the Stars - 05/21/2007 - Final Performance Show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by drew2k, May 21, 2007.

1. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I will admit: Joey's freestyle blew away Apolo's. I also agree with Lenn: That dance deserved more than a 10.

I had real problems voting though: busy, busy, busy. (Yes, I tried!)

Predictions?

2nd runner up: Leila

1st runner up and winner: Too close to call.

2. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    I don't get the love affair the judges have with Leila. Her performances are never as good as Apolo's or Joey's, but whe generally gets better scores than they do. Her first dance just wasn't that good. She's an awful ot of 9's and 10's she didn't deserve.

I voted for Joey. I only do internet voting - I gave up on trying to get thru on the phone two seasons ago. I don't get why they only have the phones open for such a short time after the show. I would think they could leave the phones open until midnight.

I'm really looking forward to the last dance and to seeing who wins. Unfortunately, I have a standing committment on Tuesday nights, so I'll have to wait until I get home late Tuesday night to watch it.

3. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Yep, it was hard to get through on the phones. Even the internet voting was sluggish.

Judges' choice round was a real disappointment this year. Really wish I could slap them upside the head and get rid of the sucky music. Julianne can choreograph, so enough with the 'this will be fresh and contemporary' music twists. She doesn't need gimmicks.

I would put Joey #1, Apolo #2 (the unison on the freestyle was just not there), Laila #3.

Jan

4. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Would be interesting to see a total sum of their points across all of the shows.
    I'd be happy with a tie between Apollo and Joey.

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

I thought Apolo's freestyle was better. Not to mention Joey did "two" freestyles (I even said that to my wife before the judges said it). Apolo should win based on the fact that he had no dancing background whatsoever and was as good (if not better at times) than Joey.

6. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Joey is much more entertaining than Apolo, but Apolo is the better dancer. Hmmm... I think that means Joey wins it all.

Oh, but he's been bottom-two hasn't he? Hmm... then I guess Apolo wins.

:confused:

I guess I'll have to watch and see. :)

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Leila started off so much above everybody else but she just hasn't really gotten any better since week 2 or 3.

Between Joey and Apolo and last night's dances....I'd have to give the edge to Joey just because he actually danced WITH his partner during the freestyle. Apolo's was good but it was like a dance OFF against his partner. Joey's lifts and jumps were awesome. I do agree that Joey's 2nd dance was just another freestyle though.

8. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    They did kind of paint themselves into a corner with all teh 10s they gave out for sub-par performances.

I thought Apolo and Joey both rocked the freestyle, but since Joey used to do that stuff for a living, that is no surprise.