Dancin' with..........Hope and Faith?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by omnibus, Jan 20, 2006.

1. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming

Advertisements

This morning the "Dancing with the Stars" receap and vote results show was listed on our EPG from 7 to 7:30 pm, followed by "Hope and Faith" from 7:30 to 8

Tonight "Dancing........." is listed from 7 to 8 and "H&F" is missing in action.

Why do we need a recap of DWTS since it was just on last night for 90 minutes.

I'll be brave and admit that I like both shows. I just can't rathionalize why the switcheroo. :(

2. sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    I think this is the last week of the recap happens on Friday. If it wasn't, I'd probably just resort to watching Friday, since you get the dances, the scores, and almost none of the fluff.

That being said:
    What the hell??! Giselle was one of the best dancers on the show and she gets axed while that ass who isn't even putting in effort survives yet another week??

3. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    This Master P thing is really getting ugly.

Check out the 100's maybe thousands of race and hood inspired posts on the message boards at ABC.com

4. Figaro

Figaro El Caganer

Nov 9, 2003
    Somwhere in...
    Wow, I haven't watched this show since the first week due to conflicts. If Master P is still on the show, then I know that there is no need to watch it again. Based upon what I saw the first week, P, Kenny, and George should have beent the first to go. Oh well back to the ice skating.

5. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

After they announced that Master P was in the top two, I was ready to cancel the Season Pass right there. Giselle was amazing, yet she gets cut while Frankenstein lumbers along. This is just like American Idol where people were voting for Scott because they thought it was funny to watch him mangle songs and wave his big sail of a hand around. I would be happier if the judges had the final say and kept the American public out of the voting

6. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Just wanted to repeat this, since it seems to be confusing a lot of people.

When they announce the couple who are "safe", the announcements are being done IN RANDOM ORDER.

You can't deduce anything about the placements from the order in which they announce who stays.

All they show us are which dancers are in the bottom two.

I much prefer the systems where either 1) the viewers call in to vote for which couple should be saved out of a limited group at the bottom of the judges' ranking or 2) the judges are allowed to 'rescue' a couple from the bottom two couples from the viewers' votes.

Jan

7. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Normally that's true, but after telling the first two they were safe, the host referred to the others as the "bottom four". That implies to me that the two who were safe were the top 2.

8. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    With eight couples in the contest, after telling the first two they were safe, there were six couples left.

They then showed us an interview with the couples in the bottom four, of which one couple had already been 'saved'.

Jan