Damages- Season 4 Premiere- 7/13/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tony touch, Jul 15, 2011.

1. tony touch

tony touch Nice and Smooth

Jul 16, 2004
    Atlanta
    That line where the attorney tells Patti to "F U" was shocking. Then I realized...oh yea, they can say that on Audience Network.

Also have to get used to having long episodes with no ads.

What's up with Rose Byrne's odd hair and outfits?

Not sure how I feel about the storyline for this season yet. I will definitely be watching though.

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Was Rose in Afghanistan or was her friend killed in the US?

I haven't watched Damages since S1. Patti and her are still friends?

3. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Funny, I watched this last night, then looked for the thread. Didn't want to create my own, went to bed, and here it is.

Hah! Good one. :) I wouldn't quite call it friends. A lot happened in S2 & S3, they blur back & forth.

What was up with the trick at the beginning to make us think Patty was interviewing Ellen's replacement?

When will Patty and her ex-husband realize that their son's like 40 years old?

I'm having trouble with John Goodman, seeing his character as the character instead of, "Hey, there's John Goodman!" Usually I don't have that problem.

Greg

4. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    If memory serves right, they used to curse as well on FX but not as bad.

Patty seems cold as hell this season much more then before hand. I wonder, if they will touch on Tom Shay's death at all?

Ellen is working at another law firm again.

This clean up man seems interesting. I wonder, who else will he kill this season.

The show seemed kinda of slow to me at times.

I'm enjoying the 57 minutes of show though.

5. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I was surprised to recently learn that Rose is Australian. I had no idea.

I'm liking where this is going so far. I recently watched a BBC show (Occupation starring James Nesbitt) that touched on these mercenary type companies that hire military personnel by contract. I'm interested in seeing how the company is portrayed in this series.

I'm very interested and glad to be a DirecTV subscriber right now.

6. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Is this show watchable starting now, or would it make no sense unless I have seen previous seasons? Not sure I am prepared to go back and watch from the beginning, but I am willing to give it a shot, and then go back later, if I like it enough.

7. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I would say that you should really watch it from the beginning. You've been missing some great, really fantastic, tv. I don't think you'll get the nuances of the Patty/Ellen relationship without knowing how it all happened.

If it's too much for you and you just don't have the time or inclination, you can always watch now and ask questions in the threads. I know I'll keep an eye out to help you along (plus you could always ask me via IM or PM too) as much as I can.

In answer to your original question, I think it would be watchable now, you just won't have some of the relationship background. I did notice that in part of some dialogue in this episode, they recapped a bit of season one which would be helpful for a newbie. I have to assume that they'll try to do that throughout the season.

8. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    I missed this !!!! when is the next one on ? Is this only on Direct TV ?

9. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    July 20th with about four repeats through July 22rd.

10. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I think I'll watch a few episodes and see if we like it. If so, we'll go back to the beginning and just keep recording for when we catch up. Thanks!

11. FireMen2003

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    You can also watch the enhanced edition (sorta like Pop Up Video for Damages) of the show in case, you miss clues etc etc from past seasons.

12. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Since there is going to be Nudity I'm in for sure.

13. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    While I still enjoyed seasons 2 & 3, for the most part, and I also enjoyed this episode, I think the first season is much better than the subsequent ones. By far. That very first season was absolutely terrific and exceptional. I wouldn't pass on it just because you perhaps find this fourth season so-so.

14. Tulsawatcher

Tulsawatcher Member

May 26, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Since this is now a Direct TV show, does anyone know if episodes will be available online, or any other network? I really like this one, and would love to see this season somehow.

15. FireMen2003

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    If you know someone with directv, you can watch it online via their account.

16. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    For those that missed the first episode, there will be a marathon (featuring the first three episodes) on Sunday at 8 ET.