Damages OAD 9/11 & 9/18..... *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Carlucci, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Carlucci

Carlucci Hiding The Decline

Jan 10, 2001
    Houston, TX

Advertisements

Wow, 2 weeks without a Damages thread....What gives? You guys aren't giving up on this show, are you?

I wish I hadn't watched the preview this week. They give up a lot on next weeks events.

Be warned.

2. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Absolutely not giving up. I like the show. It's far fetched, sure. But I want to know what happened and what will happen.

3. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    Am I the only one finding the entire "flash forward" murder timeline completely unnecessary? I'm sure they're trying to build up to it, but it just doesn't fit for me.

4. Carlucci

Carlucci Hiding The Decline

Jan 10, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I like all the flash-forwards. They serve to further the plot and give important clues about what's happening "now". For example, knowing from the flash-forwards that Ellen has lost all trust in Tom adds tension to every scene between them.

I'm just very confused by all the twists. I don't know what to make of the revelation that the Hat dude is really a former SEC investigator. Was he on Frobisher's payroll while doing the investigation? He obviously is now since he is the one who ordered the hit on Molina.

But I still really like the show a lot. It keeps us guessing. However, they are getting carried away with giving everyone from Ellen's assistant to the School crossing guard a motive for killing.

5. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY

Advertisements

I like the Flash Forwards but I wish that every episode wasn't a red-herring. They're not giving us the story in little parts... they're giving us mid-directions in little parts.

6. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    The flash forwards have overstayed their welcome. For the first episode or two it was certainly gripping and caught my attention, but now they seem to be there as a device to waste time. I simply DO NOT need to see Dave dead in the tub again.

Is "hat dude" really an SEC guy or was he just posing as one? I couldn't tell and I am kind of confused about it, to be perfectly honest.

7. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    The show mentioned that during the criminal trial, he was interviewed extensively. The idea to interview him again was Ellen's. It's unclear as whether during the criminal investigation if Hughes and Associates was a part of the process. I'd say probably not. In that case, "Hat Dude" could very well be a decoy. He would need extensive knowledge of what was disclosed during the criminal investigation for Ellen/Tom to interview him so I'd say he's legitimate but corrupt.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The real question is probably, was he corrupt at the time (thus explaining why the criminal prosecution failed), or did he go over afterwards (his idealism shattered by the loss)..?

9. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Did I miss something... what does "hat dude" - John Moore (??) - have to do with the case? Why did Ellen want to interview him again?

And - I agree... getting VERY tired of seeing boyfriend dead - in the tub.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ellen wants to interview him because he was the government official who pushed the original criminal prosecution of Frobisher. Of course, his involvement in the case now runs much deeper, what with all the murder of witnesses and stuff.

11. Wheens

Wheens Member

Jan 1, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    How many episodes left?

Never mind. Wikipedia lists a season of 13. 9/18 was #8, so 5 left.

12. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Still watching; I managed to catch my wife up as she was gone for the first 6 eps or so (that took some doing!)

I like the flash forwards. I think they're well done and add to the suspense of the show.

13. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Wow, five episodes left. I was hoping this coming one was going to be the end. :eek: