Damages 9/4/2007 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sirius Black, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Sep 5, 2007 #1 of 27
    Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Frobisher, guilty of the crimes or not (I lean towards guilty) really is a major moron. I really want him to get what he has asked for.

I could do with less scenes of Frobisher's lawyer. I don't know what they are doing with his character but I don't like it.

The triangle of Ellen, her fiance, and his on-the-side is not going to end well. I get a real Fatal Attraction vibe from the on-the-side. A bit ironic, I think.

2. Sep 5, 2007 #2 of 27
    teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    So, the grandfather is still alive? Wow. She is a nutball!

3. Sep 5, 2007 #3 of 27
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Or...

SHE'S IN ON IT!

4. Sep 5, 2007 #4 of 27
    LBCABob

LBCABob Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Long Beach...
    From the next episode preview/last scene of this episode, I got the big secret (that's causing Frobisher lawyer's nightmares) is that he (the lawyer) and the guy who gave the restaurant sister the bad id data (Greg?) are lovers (the old surprise gay twist). Thus, it was the lawyer who gave the guy the tip to sell his stock before it tanked.

But, of course, I could be wrong.

This was much better episode than last week.

5. Sep 5, 2007 #5 of 27
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You didn't get that from the fondling in this episode?

6. Sep 5, 2007 #6 of 27
    LBCABob

LBCABob Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Long Beach...
    It was the foot tapping and hand signals.

7. Sep 5, 2007 #7 of 27
    jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    Or...

Maybe the big twist is Ellen's fiance's death is totally unrelated to the case? Sure seems unlikely that Lila works for Frobisher and manages to bump into David. She's definitely a nutjob though!

8. Sep 5, 2007 #8 of 27
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    It makes it look like a crime of passion (for) now.

9. Sep 5, 2007 #9 of 27
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Certainly the best episode yet. Frobisher is the best character of the series.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I loved Lili holding up the keys she stole and saying "he made me a set!" that's certainly an omen of things to come *or* a great diversion. Between that and the timeframes she, the cops, and Ellen are talking about all not adding up, it's an interesting twist.

11. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    I won't be surprised if Lila turns out to be on Patti's payroll.

12. TivoFan

TivoFan New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    Except the keys were the ones that she took out of his jacket. If he really gave her a set, he probably would have kept his set with his pocketknife on it and given her a new set. This makes it look like she just kept the set she stole.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Uh, that's what she said...

14. jjaszewski

jjaszewski New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    I second that. Patti only needed Ellen for the connections she had (or that's what it seems like). Seems like Patti is setting her up big time... I just want to know why Ellen ends up in Patti's apartment at the end and who cleaned Patti's apartment up.

15. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This show is suddenly getting very interesting with the Lila theatrics. I guess for her to be in on it, the entire thing with the Granddad going into the hospital/etc was faked? That seems like a lot of stuff had to happen and fall into place just to get at David, or perhaps I'm not supposed to be analyzing it that deeply.

At least it's a nice change since for a while it seemed to just be going in circles with Frobisher doing this weird settle/don't settle dance.

I hope they explain the lawyer nightmares in the next show... I'm not terribly interested in seeing any more of those nor am I on the edge of my seat thinking about what's causing them. (Though LBCABob presents a good theory.)

16. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Is anyone else actually impressed with Danson's acting in this program? He's previously played such doofus roles, it's a pleasure to see him in a dramatic role. ;)

17. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Everyone is in on it except for Ellen. This show is getting absurd.

The old guy who killed the dog cleaned up the apartment.

I thought this was obvious when he was dreaming about seeing the shrink and she said that loosing teeth could be that he's hiding a very large secret that he doesn't want anyone to know. As soon as he looked up when she said that, I told my wife that he was gay. The touch at the end proved it.

18. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    If the cops weren't such doofuses they would have tested for blood. There's no way you can clean a floor like that, leave no traces of blood, and leave no trace of your cleanup.

19. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Unless you just happen to have a spare rug somewhere you can swap out with the one that's stained with blood. :D

20. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The problem is the underlying floor is wood. It's both soft and porous. It should have detectable blood stains even if it's been cleaned. How about marks and gouges in the floor from the struggle? How about surveillance video inside the building? The dead guy entered but didn't leave.