Damages - 2/1/10 "The Dog Is Happier Without Her" *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Feb 2, 2010.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Not really sure what's going on with Patty's soon-to-be-ex. He wants her back?! And what about Ellen? Having an affair with Tom? Totally out of character for him, IMO.

But the last shot Ellen at the bridge was the biggest shocker. Either she knows who did it or is involved somehow. I know she learned a lot from Patty...but that too?!!

I knew the second an associate gave Tom those papers he was a victim of Madoff...err...Tobin.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, neither Ellen nor Tom said anything about an affair. I think whatever they're up to is something else, which other people are misinterpreting.

3. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I don't think its an affair. It has to do with the info from the DA office imho.

So, Tom is really dead? Damn...

I wonder, the angle of Danille. The crash was so stupid but I wanna see how their going to twist that one.

I don't see how they are going get the money without anyone knowing it but it should be interesting.

Martin Short is working for the son and father? Conflict of interest! :D

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Why in God's name would Patty's husband want her back? She's a total ball crushing *****. Even the dog's depressed.

5. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace

Advertisements

Yeah I've been trying to reason out a way he could not be dead and still have it make sense in the story.

Pretty much the only way left I can think of is a twin or someone who had plastic surgery to look like him, both of which I consider extremely unlikely.

So yeah, kinda bummed about him dying. I really liked that character.

6. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Best summary I've read. :up:

7. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I'm assuming its for the insurance money since they lost everything?

Remember, superficial stab wounds. It was the drowning that killed him.

8. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    Good episode. I always enjoy the twists they bring in to the show, so I'm assuming the "affair" between Tom and Ellen is related to the info, like an above poster said. I also agree with liking the Tom character, I will be sad to see him go. Makes the comment the son had ("Every man who is with you ends up leaving or dead") all the more salient.

The great twist always seems to come once they reveal all of the flash forward, so I'm eager to see what they come up with this season.

9. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    that was funny :D

some interesting turns in this episode...a link between ellen and tom as well as the dad's mistress getting hit by the drunk son.