Damages 10/17/07 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brebeans, Oct 17, 2007.

1. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    For all of the Damages fans out there....
    The pieces are coming together. It's nice to finally put "faces" to some of what is going on.

And, it looks like they might have their plot for next year's show with Patty defending Ellen? That could be very cool.

And, Ellen's older lawyer friend....h-m-m-m....not really a friend?

Since next week is the finale, I'm sure a few more loose ends will be tied up, but I'm sure they will be some cliffhangers.

Looking forward to another season.....and, of course, to the finale

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I've suspected that almost since the moment he appeared on screen. For a show whose motto is "Trust no One" to have a character whose sole purpose is to be trustworthy, well..!

(I'm a little surprised that Ellen didn't pick up on the fact that the court thinks Patty bailed her out, but it was obviously Mr. Trustworthy.)

I also don't think next season will be Patty defending Ellen. That should probably be resolved next week, unless they're going to leave a LOT of dangling plot-threads. Because if anything is resolved, Ellen should be absolved.

3. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    In the scene where Ellen walked out of jail, it was nice to finally see the over-saturated look of the "future" fade into the present.

I hope there aren't too many cliffhangers in the finale, but the way this episode went I guess that's probably not going to happen. I would like to see something at least happen to Frobisher at the end. After all, everybody surrounding him, save a few crack whores and that new lawyer guy, are either gone or dead.

I am very pleased with this series at this point. There were a few lame filler episodes in the middle of the 'season,' but the overall arc has been great TV.

I'm still trying to figure out if Lila is working for somebody (perhaps Ellen's old lawyer "friend") or if she's just a MacGuffin.

4. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Glad there are some other fans out there. This series has grown on me every week, quickly turning into "must watch on Tuesday" fare. It's been fantastic and it was clear they had everything "mapped out" in the beginning.

Last night, seeing everything fall into place and the "future" becoming the present, was such as awesome payoff. I would have been happy with last night being the finale.

But I'm glad we have at least one more. And I can't wait for next season and to see where they go with it. Has it always been assumed Ellen would return as a character? Seems like they could just start a totally new arc, just with Glenn Close. I mean, most of the other characters are dead anyway.

5. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    This is getting good. I wonder why the other lawyer wants her dead or he is working for Frobisher too?

6. brermike

brermike Member

May 31, 2006
    Johns Creek, GA
    It could have been just misdirection, they've done that before.

Great episode - glad to see all the peices come together!!

7. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Good point, about wrapping up Ellen's case next week....it certainly could happen and then have a new story line next season.

Whatever the case, I'll be watching it again. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and although frustrating at times, it's mostly fun not knowing who is on who's side.....

I, too, wasn't too surprised about her lawyer "friend".....he was "too good to be true" and you know what "they" say about that...

Lila, she must be part of all of this and connected to Frobisher....looks like he might lose it with all the coke he's doing these days! He's really a scumbag of the lowest kind....not only bilking people out of their life savings and jobs, but also the lying, killing and overall narcissism......great character.

I'm glad Nip/Tuck will help fill in the gap left by Damages.

8. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Is Lila the girl who wanted to have the affair with Ellen's Dr. fiance?

If so, I don't think she's connected at all. She was used as a red-herring (for the viewer) but also played the important role of "allowing" Dr. Fiance's murderers to enter the apartment.

The fact that she's NOT connected makes it even better!

9. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    I can't seem to make up my mind if it's better to know what's coming or to not know... I don't know about you guys but everytime David opened that door I was expecting him to get hit, and to have it happen AFTER he closed the door scared the crap out of me.

I'm sure Lilian is working, but that's the good part of this show... which side is she working on? I would think that they would have to wrap up Ellen's case... Patty is going to need that tape in less than a month... plus we don't know for sure if she even has it... she could be bluffing.

10. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    Wow! I finally caught up on this show and am glad I watched the eps rather than deleting the 7 I had stored up. I think (hope) Ellen will be exonerated next week (with the cops most likely blaming Lila) but I think next season the mystery is tracking down who the curly hair guy really works for and Uncle Pete (why was he digging in Patty's desk?) It'd be nice if Frobisher bit the dust next week too.

And I say Tom is in the thick of all of it. Very telling that on two significant events, (Ray's suicide and Moore's death), both Ellen and Patty told each other but not him. Can't wait until the suite door reads "Hewes, Parsons & Associates". :D

11. porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    I am strongly hoping that the Mr. Trustworthy bit is misdirection, and of a type that the show has used before: he's sent people to protect Ellen, not to attack her. Because really, how many people on this show are supposed to be potential murderers?

12. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Excellent episode, and can't wait for the finale.

I'm really curious how Patty disposed of the body in her apartment and why she felt the need to abscond to the beach house.

The new twist with her son is interesting as well...could he somehow be working for Frobisher? Makes sense: he gets sent away, but he has to exact revenge somehow, so he comes home and puts on the "good son" act while being a devious little bastard behind the scenes.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
  14. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    Someone want to spoilerize why Ellen's older "friend" is really not on her side. I've seen every episode, but after vacation a week ago and burning through 15-hours of TV to catch back up for the week away, I can't even think straight. I haven't missed any eps, but feel lost.

Thx.

15. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    You want to know why or how we know he's not on her side?

16. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    I am wondering the same thing... any info! I'm lost for some reason. (doesn't take much for me!) :eek:

17. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    After Ellen met with Patty, there was a shot of the old lawyer on the phone telling someone that she was out on bail, and that they would know where to find her...

18. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Oh - that's right ... Wonder what the deal is with him? Why he's "bad" ?

19. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    It seems like everyone that's apart of this show is on one side or the other.. Doesn't seem to be too many innocent bystanders. I wonder how much Ellen really told him while she was in jail. Hopefully she was smart enough to really not trust anyone.

20. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    FX *really* screwed me on this one. I forgot to SAVE UNTIL I DELETE and was 3 episodes behind, then they had their little marathon. I know I missed AT LEAST one, maybe two episodes.

Greg