Daisy chain a Series 3 to a Bolt?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by LivingInNewYork, Dec 1, 2017.

1. LivingInNewYork

LivingInNewYork New Member

Nov 27, 2017

Advertisements

I'd like to connect both devices to one TV. Each have their own cable card and I'd record separately on each. Has anyone ever done this?

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    You can't daisy chain, neither model has anything other than an RF input.
    You just need to connect them to different inputs on the TV.

3. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I've connected two Tivos to the same TV. You can use a coax splitter to split the cable signal coming out of the wall so that each Tivo has it's own cable input. And then as posted above, you can connect each Tivo output to different inputs on your TV.

4. ppctx

ppctx New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    I currently have one TV setup this way with the connections as previously mentioned. Problem I see is that both the bolt and s3 remotes can control both units (at the same time!). This may be able to be overcome, but my intention was to use the bolt for a while before upgrading the HD, while having the s3 continue to record my season passes until the upgrade or if anything didn't workout with the bolt/upgrade.

I've only been using the bolt but have gone to the s3 a couple of times to check for shows not on the bolt. Suggestions are turned off, but there was some oddball shows recorded. We figure that when we are controlling the bolt, occasionally, just the right sequence is made to record things on the s3. Good luck!

5. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    ppctx likes this.
  6. ppctx

ppctx New Member

Sep 16, 2005
  7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    It works. We still have 3 TiVo's connected to 1 TV (2 older S3 OLED and the replacement Roamio Pro).

Scott