Daily Call Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Tatsa, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Tatsa

Tatsa New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    I have just installed new hard disk to TiVo. Accessing it over wired network. Can Telnet in and can Tivoweb in so have connectivity. Can ping the TiVo website from the TiVo. I have changed the nic_config_tivo to network connection. I have edited the rc.sysinit.author file to add & signs at the end of each commamd. I have even edited the Ident.itcl file. Now here's the gripe:
    When the Ident.itcl file is edited with the "Content-Length" line added I get no call capability at all.
    When I restore the Ident.itcl file I can make a test call, gets account status and completes showing "succeeded"
    However, whenever I try to do a daily call it fails showing "number unavailable" or "service unavailable"
    Any ideas why I can do a test call but not a daily call ?
    HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :confused:

2. ...coolstream

...coolstream New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    SCOTLAND
    There's a thread somewhere here that explains the difference between the two types of call. I think basically the test call is just to test that tivo can call out and receive a reply, whereas daily call carries out tasks that require a working configuration of the tivo and an uninterrupted connection to the tivo servers.

From my tivo web logs, I can report that I last made a successful daily call Sunday 23rd Sep at 14:24 and again on Sunday 23rd Sep at 14:51 (apologies if I have been hogging the line :eek: )

You aren't running tivo through a firewall are you? If so, see my comments in the TiVo servers down? thread

3. boringgit

boringgit New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    When I had a similar problem it was because I had not enabled the ramdisk (cache... whatever it is called) correctly when I was installing the new hard disk.

In fact I was pretty sure that I had enabled it, but put the hard disk into the PC re-enabled it and all was better.

As I recall, if you look at the logs you can see some memory full errors or similar... There are at least 2 brilliant threads on the subject if you search for them.